Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

639nm TRI-BEAM Mitsubishi ML562G84 diode, What do I need to know?

So I plan on getting a Mitsubishi ML562G84 triple beam diode. I just have some questions on it before attempting to get one.

1. Where the heck can I get one? :crackup:
-I know there were some for sale by Techhood on ebay but those seem to be out of stock. Any Ideas?

2. What driver should I use and what should it be set to? What about for greatest power? What about for longest lifespan?

3.How hot does it get? Will it need a large amount of heat-sinking?

4. What lens is best? How much clearance does it need from the end of the lens/focus ring?

Those are my current questions but if anyone has any more experience with this diode and has some good tips for me then I would love to hear them!

Thanks for your time and info:D

Last edited:

Definitely subscribing to this thread, been looking for this myself. Wishing DTR had them :eek:

Sorry double post. Francis replied:

Hello Sean,

Sorry, I'm not allowed to tell and revael the sources of the diodes we bought from to customers.

If you're looking to buy a few or many of this G84 diodes, we can get them for you with a fairly cheap price.

Last edited:
The heat it produces all depends on what you driver it at , its still a laser diode , it just has three emission zones / cavity's present in the single die

The heat it produces all depends on what you driver it at , its still a laser diode , it just has three emission zones / cavity's present in the single die

If you want a high power red line, put a plano-convex cylinder lens in front of it.

Does anyone know what size diode these are? From the looks of it, it seems to be a 9mm but I just wanna make sure:)

Alright so the diode is a 9mm:D I just got it today and I was so excited to put it together:p buuuuut the driver it comes with it too large to fit inside my host:(

I'm going to keep the driver for a different build and I'll just buy another one from DTR. I already messaged podo asking what kind of driver I'd need, or at least what current I'd need the driver to output.

Does anyone here happen to know the pinout? I just want to make extra sure before I go testing anything:)

PICS BRO! :gh::gh:
What does this driver look like? Did the diode come bare or in a module? :wave:

Last edited:
I just msged podo today about ordering one of these, any insight you can give into the actual diode is most welcome!