Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

639nm TRI-BEAM Mitsubishi ML562G84 diode, What do I need to know?

That's CrazyJay....
So Sad.... Has no life...
Needs Attention... So Sad....

Jerry

Last edited:

I would love to try building one of these into a WOK phaser. I saw the beam in a youtube video and I thought to myself... star trek phaser. I have to try this! :san:

using one of these in a WOK would make it cinematically accurate.

Star_Trek_II_The_Wrath_of_Khan_032.jpg

Last edited:
Raising my interest in these again, are you... Although three beams aren't everyones cup of coffee, I believe a three beam output "pointer" would be hotly cool.

Last edited:
Who? Me? I'd like to do something different, see how bright a line I could make using a PCX cylinder with several of them, that would be one awesomely bright spray of red into a thin line. Only problem is, making the possibility of hitting an aircraft with the line far too high, if used outdoors. However, according to some regulators, red isn't as much a hazard as other wavelengths.... but I still wouldn't want to risk doing that, even if most of the power is spread out into a line, I bet anything it hits several miles away would see see it as a fairly bright light.

I have a survival laser made for just that purpose I would carry with me as a pilot in Alaska, it uses a single low power red diode into a lens to produce a line. If I were to go down somewhere in the bush, it could have been used to signal an aircraft, or someone in the far distance, came with instructions on how to sweep the horizon to send SOS.

Lildutchboy7, what would you build with one?

Last edited:

BobMc

I picked up the Tri-Guardian and it's sure is bright. I'd love to see a couple of trouble-beams focused together. That would be a sight to see. That would be some bright red!

Who? Me? I'd like to do something different, see how bright a line I could make using a PCX cylinder with several of them, that would be one awesomely bright spray of red into a thin line. Only problem is, making the possibility of hitting an aircraft with the line far too high, if used outdoors. However, according to some regulators, red isn't as much a hazard as other wavelengths.... but I still wouldn't want to risk doing that, even if most of the power is spread out into a line, I bet anything it hits several miles away would see see it as a fairly bright light.

I have a survival laser made for just that purpose I would carry with me as a pilot in Alaska, it uses a single low power red diode into a lens to produce a line. If I were to go down somewhere in the bush, it could have been used to signal an aircraft, or someone in the far distance, came with instructions on how to sweep the horizon to send SOS.

Lildutchboy7, what would you build with one?

Do you mean make a liquid sky type of line, a plane of light...no pun intended.

No, but that did cross my mind, if powerful enough, several diodes in a line should be plenty.

BobMc, any pix to share?

I built a hand held out of one and it functions very well. Sadly the driver is out of it and while I'm searching for a car/getting my life together, I have put off a majority of my laser activities including buying a new driver.

I like your idea though Alaskan. I assume you meant you would Place several diodes fanned out like this:

Digging up the dead, sorry guys, but I'm interested in this diode again. Bob, if you do post those photo's, I'd be happy to see it. I tried to find them on the wayback machine, but they aren't there :(

Researching on the G84 and G85 diodes it seems one is made for pulse, the other for CW:

I'm wondering which is the better choice for CW, as far as power output? Maybe the 2.5 watt pulse rated G84 should not be run as CW? I'm particularly interested in how wide the beam spread is four inches away from the diode without a collimation lens in front. Have an idea, but not sure it will work.

I had some pics up when I did the review

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/s...i-beam-guardian-150mw-520nm-pocket-99720.html

But photibucket had other ideas :(

Am planning to repost them but it's going to be a project, got so many to repost. Sorry

BobMc

@Alaskan, I've tried to get all my pictures back from photobucket but they won't let me download back to my computer. Bunch of thiefs! :lasergun:

Last edited:
Forgive my double post, but I received an email from photoFU today that my account will be closed in seven days if I don't pay them 69 dollars. I'd be happy to pay someone who knows how to download all of them for me. My internet slow here.

Last edited:
Forgive my double post, but I received an email from photoFU today that my account will be closed in seven days if I don't pay them 69 dollars. I'd be happy to pay someone who knows how to download all of them for me. My internet slow here.

I can do it, if you want. :)

I tried to delete this post, thought I had before creating a new thread. Thanks I will PM you.