Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

612nm Multiline HeNe score

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

OK so I really did not know where to put this But since its not really a true review I decided to put it on Other wavelengths.

So Last week I saw a laser Chorus LHOR-0150 For sale over at Photonlexicon the seller only wanted $100 and there was no takers :wtf: So I bought it on an impulse.

DSC09902_zpsm3z1yzw1.jpg

When I first got it The mode was a TEM01 And just a single line but after running it for a wile The mode changed to a TEM01* and A second line appeared.
Laguerre-gaussian.png

DSC09897_zpst7y16v1c.jpg

612nm and 604nm.
DSC09898_zpsb7mljs4j.jpg

Next to my green and red tubes
DSC09904_zps2roduygd.jpg

DSC09906_zpskflowa4j.jpg

DSC09908_zps2jaqc2qs.jpg

DSC09911_zpscjgdn08o.jpg

That's All for now more to come later​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice score!!

but the color look the same how do you know it have 612nm and 604nm?

how do you know it have 612nm and 604nm?

If you put a light source through a diffraction grating and there are two dots where you would expect one if it were a single wavelength, that second dot MUST be a different wavelength. HeNe can only lase at a handfull of lines, so it's not hard to guess. If the second dot isn't green, yellow, red, or IR, it has to be the other orange line at 604nm.

Physics.

Last edited:
Pretty much sums it up. nice tube Lazer. I always loved orange tubes...pity there are so few around. now you just need a yellow one. I don't think I ever did a review of my MG -good- orange. I should do that.... and shouldn't this be in the gas section?

Last edited:

Rivem

Wow man. That's awesome. I wish I had more luck with finding HeNe scores like you. I've got a few tubes and systems, but they're all 632.8nm.

I may have just expanded my gas spectrum by a lot with one laser today though. :D

Very nice man! Great score.

I am very jealous :D:gj: Make sure to enjoy it.

I still gotta get me one of those.....sometime.

D

Deleted member 16589

Nice score!!

but the color look the same how do you know it have 612nm and 604nm?

The camera did not pick it up good at all the 604nm Is more yellow than the 612nm.

Pretty much sums it up. nice tube Lazer. I always loved orange tubes...pity there are so few around. now you just need a yellow one. I don't think I ever did a review of my MG -good- orange. I should do that.... and shouldn't this be in the gas section?

Yea gas section may have been a better fit.

Very nice man! Great score.

I am very jealous :D:gj: Make sure to enjoy it.

I still gotta get me one of those.....sometime.

Yea defiantly a nice color sadly I think this one is end of life as its really hard to start.
It also smells of fog juice when running which makes me believe it was in a projector for a wile.

The camera did not pick it up good at all the 604nm Is more yellow than the 612nm.

Yea gas section may have been a better fit.

Yea defiantly a nice color sadly I think this one is end of life as its really hard to start.
It also smells of fog juice when running which makes me believe it was in a projector for a wile.

It's not end of life. It's just old. And taking out the tube and cleaning the glycerin out would likely help, As well as a better supply. Yours is a bit weak for this tube.

Excellent find, my friend!

I'm more and more pleased as these 612's find their ways into the hobby. More out there than I can count, now.

I need to be on the lookout for a replacement for mine...so sad.

Anyway, those 0150's are meant to put out 1.5mW (as the name suggests). I'm sure if you were feeling adventurous, and extracted, polished, and realigned the tube, then paired it with a solid PSU - it could do some pretty wild stuff. All things considered.

yeah most of those old REOs do wierd things on rails if you're clever. my yellow does basically every line with a little help.

Hell, I've got a picture on here of me getting red, green, and yellow all at the same time out of an LHGR-0050.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got 594 and that 604 crisped up a bit.

EDIT: My speech patterns/word choice is absolutely cringe-worthy, but here's the thread. Downside, the images aren't loading, and I don't have a working computer to fix that. Though the discussion remains still the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Excellent find, my friend!

I'm more and more pleased as these 612's find their ways into the hobby. More out there than I can count, now.

I need to be on the lookout for a replacement for mine...so sad.

Anyway, those 0150's are meant to put out 1.5mW (as the name suggests). I'm sure if you were feeling adventurous, and extracted, polished, and realigned the tube, then paired it with a solid PSU - it could do some pretty wild stuff. All things considered.

Yea the alden Needs to be replaced So if i ever get around to swapping it ILL poke at the mirrors :undecided:

Yea the alden Needs to be replaced So if i ever get around to swapping it ILL poke at the mirrors :undecided:

No. They're already aligned. Don't mess with them. You will loosen the metal structure holding them in place and run the risk of damage. There's no tweaking to be done.

D

Deleted member 16589

Wow, Awesome price. Any idea on output?

I didn't see any mention.
1.5 -2.1mW depending on how hot I let the tube get it increases in power as it warms to a point then drops again when it gets hot.

No. They're already aligned. Don't mess with them. You will loosen the metal structure holding them in place and run the risk of damage. There's no tweaking to be done.
You sure When It first arrived on cold start it was TEM00 before it split into TEM01 and then again into TEM01*

Last edited by a moderator: