Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: O-like 400mw green - Review

Or at least bad battery charger... Just fyi i would not recommend the ultrafire WF-139. It felt very hot when charging, to a point where I pulled the batteries and tossed it in the trash.

The charger I received is also YL-103A with a 2800mAh UltraFire battery. This charger works perfectly actually. It stops the charge at 4.17V which is good. Now, all the 18650's I use have a protection circuit but still.

Yeah, actually regarding the charger, I have no complaints. Feels super cheap, but it works well.

Lol my UltraFire is now in my charger for 2 hours , inside the laser it's after 1 min dim and the batt voltage is 3.14 volt :p

My charger is not working haha

Time to go shopping again.

Let us know what you end up getting. I'm in the market for a "safe" charger, but don't want to spend a lot either.

So it looks like my laser has finally decided to give up. RIP 400mw O-like Torch. Wish I knew you better.

1. Out of the box (or at least tons of bubble wrap), with a fresh battery, this laser didn't burn ANYTHING.

2. No visible beam in a well lit room, let alone a brightly sunlit room.

3. Despite some experience with other lasers, I was not able to get this laser to burn through a CD case no matter what I did. (After finding the focal point.)

4. Out of the box laser didn't turn on every time.

5. While this is subjective, beam didn't seem bright enough.

6. Laser is now not turning on at all. Tried three different batteries.

I spoke with Susie and she agreed to send me a replacement tail cap, but I suspect this is not the cause of all my problems.

China is off on holiday until tomorrow, but unless laser miraculously start working tomorrow, it is going back.

From objective testing, this laser is not >350mw, at least not all of them are. DAST posted an lpm reading with a peak of only 330mw. Considering the price, still not a bad deal.

I'm gonna ask for a replacement. Might wait until tail cap gets here, but at this point I'm not happy with my purchase at all.

Only positive is that the start of this thread, or another one, about a way overspec version, the poster said that he had a dead one and had to send it back too.

So I guess I'll hope for the best, and prepare a dispute for the worst.

Anybody know where to get an IR filter so I can test how much IR is in mine? That is, when it arrives ;)

Small IR Filter

Went through his whole site at one point. Really want that radiant alpha.

Also read something about film negatives before... but for the price I'd just buy one of those. I was thinking of getting one too, to paste on the inside of the waterproof lens, but ultimately decided against it.

Last edited:

Lol, I literally bought that 30 seconds ago. :crackup:

@weeba2kv

Since you have such a good unit. Could you check the max distance for exploding a baloon? Mine managed 6M today. I drew a black dot with marker. It took some seconds though.

I thought that it may be some indication of power.

I'm just trying to decide whether to keep it the way it is or what to do.

Well i'd love to do that as soon i have a few
0607113__tactus_sonja_basemans_balonnen_2_boogrechts_356_470.png

I made this video and i think you can see kinda how bright it really is and the water is clear and @ 28.Celcius nothing added to the water no trick or sneaky stuff.

After filming the camera settings all changed so bright it is lol

Last edited:

plexus

Got mine today. Man, she really wraps the bubble wrap with a lot of packing tape. took me a lot of effort to get through it even with an xacto knife. i guess that will keep the pesky customs guys out of it, not that its a worry here in canada (yet).

It came with the charger and battery and an extra set of keys I had asked for my OLNG-350 i bought a couple months ago. so thanks!

I heard something rattling inside. It turned out to be the end cap terminal extender, which if you didn't know there was an extender, well, you wouldn't know. it took me a moment to figure out what it was. basically a round brass thing with a protruding nipple and a white plastic surround. if you look in your end cap you will see it. the brass and the plastic white came loose in shipping. so i pushed those back in and got down to business.

i ignored the included trustfire and popped in an AW 18650 2600mAH I have. fired up.

So, onto my Kenometer Pro/Ophir LPM (I repeat this because most people seem to have inferior peltier TEC based sensor LPMs which are not as accurate or fast). Like all DPSS lasers they want to warm up, so after a number of seconds I got a peak of 443mW however this laser power output is all over the place.

I will do a proper review with charts and graphs later.

When it is outputting 300mW total, I am getting 25mW pass-through my R72 720nm filter. The filter is probably passing 90% of the IR so call it about 28mW of IR or roughly 10% IR which is pretty typical.

I like the host. I like the focus mechanism. I plan to remove the waterproof lens (i think) but I will have to measure if the gain from doing so would be worth it. its kind of nice to have a waterproof laser. I checked the design and its pretty well sealed with double o-rings in all joints but they should probably be greased up first before dropping the thing in the toilet.