Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: O-like 400mw green - Review

I have one problem though. After getting it wet and I dry it, there is still water on the lens.

The rubber washers should be greasy. check it if they are.

Sorry I dont understand. It is waterproof but the problem im having is that the after i take it out of the water. The lens is still wet. And i dont want to scratch it by cleaning it.

Well does yours have rubber washers ? black rubber rings on the tail cap and front

The front end, with the waterproof lens can be completely unscrewed, unscrew it and dry out the cavity.

I don't know if you guys understand what I'm saying... On the outside of it after I take it out of the water the front of the lens has water on it so the dot looks all weird.

I don't know if you guys understand what I'm saying... On the outside of it after I take it out of the water the front of the lens has water on it so the dot looks all weird.

I think I am missing what you're saying:confused: If there is water on the outside, the waterproof lens is right on the front, you can just wipe it off:thinking:

If it's on the inside... condensation or slow leak, that means the seal isn't good, but aside from that, you can just take the cap portion off and blow dry it.

Picture might help.

No its on the outside, but the front of the laser is indented. In there their is water. And if i just wipe it down it will scratch it.

Actually the waterproof lens is pretty solid. If you use a soft microfiber towel, like for cleaning LCD screens you should be fine.

Also the indentation is not that deep, you can gently shake out the water, blow the water out with a dryer, or just to a degree with you lungs.

I assume the waterproofing lens is the same they use in the o-like 1.2W... from having to break one, I can tell you that it is in fact very tough.

Before breaking the lens, I did some "testing" and it's about as tough to scratch as ordinary glass. So I really doubt you can do anything to it with a qtip :)

I got permission from Susie to send mine back (since it only measures at 130mW, when the same LPM measures my non-focusable OLNG-350 (I think that's the right SKU) at something significantly over 400 mW).

I'll be interested to see, and share, what I get back in exchange.

@Shadowspawn

Fitting that address onto an express mail slip is a PAIN. I type everything now, but my handwriting has always been terrible :p threw out three slips before I finally fit everything in.

Of course now with holidays my shipping hasn't even updated in 2 days. Keep us posted on how it goes. I can't wait to get my replacement.