Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED

DJNY

Re: 6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

Now get some color into it to highlight the signal words.

Your quintessence is in the first sentence of your steps. The distinguishing gives a (2)summary, people would be (2)more likely to read it and the (3)the color would inspirit the text.

When using Paypal never send as "Gift" or "Money Owed". If you send money this way you cannot file a dispute through Paypal if you get scammed...

That´s why I never ordered a single item from you :knight:
I've been scamming you guys for like 3 years now, and you still haven't caught on.

The whole post is relevant, so highlighting any single points are redundant.

If people dont want to take the time to read it all, then its their issue. I spent enough time writing it.

DJNY

The whole post is relevant, so highlighting any single points are redundant.

If people dont want to take the time to read it all, then its their issue. I spent enough time writing it.

Never challenged this part.
Maybe it´s just me, but I like highlithed text parts - the highlithted part as a statement, the non signalized part as a "explanation for the statement part".

No doupt that you well spent a good time into your text :gj:

Elyas

Been a member for a while and just navigated my way here! great help! thanks T.J 😊

Very nice, will use this in future purchases!

Dude how do i buy something here when i stay in Germany ?? I thinks it's super complicated

Elyas

Hey guys, I bought a few heatsinks of some one (LPF member), it should have came to me in 2days after he made it, with regular post, now it has been 3weeks and I still haven got them :/ the seller keeps on telling me that I will get it, but I doubt it! What should I do about it? I asked him to refund and so he stopped replying to me :(

DJNY

Dude how do i buy something here when i stay in Germany ?? I thinks it's super complicated

Lol, everything in Germany is complicated. It´s just like the way people are thinking over there.

Hey guys, I bought a few heatsinks of some one (LPF member), it should have came to me in 2days after he made it, with regular post, now it has been 3weeks and I still haven got them :/ the seller keeps on telling me that I will get it, but I doubt it! What should I do about it? I asked him to refund and so he stopped replying to me :(

You bought them from Australia? Did you contact the seller?

Yeah everything in Germany is really complicated airsoft guns are not allowed to shoot Full automatic when over 0,5 joule, general getting any kind weapon in Germany is complicated , shipping from other countries ist complicated, just everything. I hate that country and I'm want to fly to the US to buy laser stuff and sightseeing :) i really love the USA like 22 other people that i know .but we are in a laser forum and we should keep there .

Elyas

Yes Australia member, yeah I did contact him, he hasn't replied! it has been 3 f#%# weeks. Technically it should take only 2 with a normal post, but he said he will express it! And I still haven't got em, I asked for a refund but he doesn't reply! should I loge a complain? here or PayPal to at least get my money back!

DJNY

Yeah everything in Germany is really complicated airsoft guns are not allowed to shoot Full automatic when over 0,5 joule, general getting any kind weapon in Germany is complicated , shipping from other countries ist complicated, just everything. I hate that country and I'm want to fly to the US to buy laser stuff and sightseeing :) i really love the USA like 22 other people that i know .but we are in a laser forum and we should keep there .

I meant the people mentality up there in Germany, not the laws.
Everything is so complicated for you guys :na:

Yes Australia member, yeah I did contact him, he hasn't replied! it has been 3 f#%# weeks. Technically it should take only 2 with a normal post, but he said he will express it! And I still haven't got em, I asked for a refund but he doesn't reply! should I loge a complain? here or PayPal to at least get my money back!

What is the members name?

T.J you have suggested really helpful terms for preventing scams. But can a person be trusted just because he has more than 500 posts.

Blord

T.J you have suggested really helpful terms for preventing scams. But can a person be trusted just because he has more than 500 posts.

TJ is perma banned. He still does visit this forum but can't really do much.

The post counts give us a guide line for reliability but we can't be 100% sure. people with 1 post or 1000 posts can still scam us.
Just take the proper precaution to minimize the risk but we can't completely rule it out.

This should be mandatory reading for all new members...
and a few of the not so new members....:whistle:

You couldn't have made it any clearer T_J.... :gj:
This should be stickied in the Welcome section....

Jerry

I sent a few ppl messages about buying a 1-2W laser with batteries, charger, and (2) pairs of Goggles. I know I am new to this Forum, but I have only recieved a response from Blord so far :) This forum has been very informative. I hope to build a collection from builders here. Thank you for all the priceless information!

Coby

Hey everyone I have a question concerning the SELLING of a laser.

As some of you know I got a second laser from the Skylaser groupbuy. Now there's a new member (MOZAKI) who might be interested in this laser. I would be sending this by post because he lives on the other side of the country.

Now my question is, how can I be sure that I don't get scammed? How should I let him send me the money? What option in Paypal? I don't want to send the laser once I'm paid only to find out that he filed a dispute or reclaimed the money for no reason.

I suggested he come pick it up personally so he can see that it works and then he can pay me cash but I guess because of the distance this won't be an option.

So.. How do you guys sell your lasers? I really don't want to get scammed :\

Edit: Also to show my good will I agreed to take some pictures + movie tonight of the laser in good working shape

Last edited: