Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6/4/17 bunch of lasers:)

:bumpit: bump for pman. hope you get your lasers sold!

Damn Ushan! 763 rep! I remember when you were 0. You're gonna catch me soon you hoe!! Lol glad to see you loving the Forum though :D
I'm trying to figure out what host Pete used for that 230mw 650nm I really like it, I may end up buying that 204mw when I get paid again, I'd feel bad if I did because he'll have to go to the post office again :( may just throw him some extra mullah if I do :)

I may take that LPC off your hands on the 15th :)
Just out of curiosity, if I was to somehow blow that thing up (open cans don't like me) how easy would it be to rebuild into another laser? Will the module come right out to replace with something else. Thanks Pete.

Hi, Pman. Hope you are well and things are going better for you. I know you have a lot on your plate, but you are missed around here. Take care.

Hi, Pman. Hope you are well and things are going better for you. I know you have a lot on your plate, but you are missed around here. Take care.

^Indeed.

It seems many of the awesome forum members that were present when I joined back in 2013 have either left, become too busy or started other hobbies. Sad :(

-Alex

^Indeed.

It seems many of the awesome forum members that were present when I joined back in 2013 have either left, become too busy or started other hobbies. Sad :(

-Alex
It's so crazy to hear you say that because I have been a flashlight enthusiast since I was in 1st grade getting my first flashlight from a school gift area, I bought 3 if I remember correctly, when I did that I was hooked, slowly over the course of 2 decades going up in power and overall lumens as life went a long, I've always known about Candlepowerforums but never joined, and to this day I don't even know why. I signed up for this forum within a week of buying my first laser. I can't explain why some people do the things they do but light has always been my obsession and by the looks of things, I would say my fascination for lasers overpowers my fascination for flashlights. I guess the point of this short story is to say I hope I don't abandon lasers for a new hobby, but since I love light so much, something tells me I'm here to stay. The many great people of this forum pretty much make this forum what it is, a wonderful place to be :beer:

Razako

^Indeed.

-Alex
For me it's mostly just a matter of how much discretionary hobby money I have, and what hobbies I'm currently into. Over the past year I got more into hifi audio and had some expensive purchases to make, so it left me with very little money to buy more lasers with. I guess that's the reason for my lack of laser related reviews and posts at least. I'm also just waiting for something else to come out in the laser world which excites me. I'm sort of in a place where I got my collection at a desirable level, and not much short of a fancy new wavelength pointer is gonna motivate me to spend more. I still do browse this forum every day though, it's an addiction which never quite ends.

Last edited:

GSS

It's so crazy to hear you say that because I have been a flashlight enthusiast since I was in 1st grade getting my first flashlight from a school gift area, I bought 3 if I remember correctly, when I did that I was hooked, slowly over the course of 2 decades going up in power and overall lumens as life went a long, I've always known about Candlepowerforums but never joined, and to this day I don't even know why. I signed up for this forum within a week of buying my first laser. I can't explain why some people do the things they do but light has always been my obsession and by the looks of things, I would say my fascination for lasers overpowers my fascination for flashlights. I guess the point of this short story is to say I hope I don't abandon lasers for a new hobby, but since I love light so much, something tells me I'm here to stay. The many great people of this forum pretty much make this forum what it is, a wonderful place to be :beer:
Richie, just the opposite for me..Have always been overly loaded with the regular D, C, size flashlights and with Harbor Freight Tools giving away the cheapie 9 Led's I have them all over the place with like 3 in every draw of my house..
I started with laser's built with flashlight hosts and never had one as a flashlight, till I just recently bought a few T6 units and am using some 18650's that I salvaged from my laptop which using these batterys surely added to the excitement...
Now i'm hooked and want more:can::can:
I don't camp, I don't go hunting and my building has a back up generator?? but still want more:undecided:

Last edited:
Richie, just the opposite for me..Have always been overly loaded with the regular D, C, size flashlights and with Harbor Freight Tools giving away the cheapie 9 Led's I have them all over the place with like 3 in every draw of my house..
I started with laser's built with flashlight hosts and never had one as a flashlight, till I just recently bought a few T6 units and am using some 18650's that I salvaged from my laptop which using these batterys surely added to the excitement...
Now i'm hooked and want more:can::can:
I don't camp, I don't go hunting and my building has a back up generator?? but still want more:undecided:

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't been on in a while :(
But that's so cool, I love hearing people story's about how they got into flashlights and lasers, that's so crazy to think that if lithium never existed we wouldn't have high output lights and lasers, let's face it, AAs just couldn't do what high energy density lithium can do :( some companies like Nitecore had a couple 2000+ lumen flashlights powered by AAs but it was 8 of them, who wants that? Lol

Last edited:
here is a story for you all..
I happened upon a hit on a search that took me to a CP forum thread or post... A member made a thread or post about his idea for a new forum... They were not supportive and said it would never work ,,, or things along that line..

That OP was coldshadow... guess they were very WRONG about LPF....TY Ave. ....hk

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
So glad to see they all were wrong, Len! Agreed, T/Y Avery! :beer:

That really doesn't surprise me at all. People are always denigrating new ideas. I'm so very glad they were wrong and Avery went ahead with his idea. :thanks:

Last edited:
I respect flashlight fanciers and can understand why some are not exactly in love with us for turning them into lasers.

Lasers was a section or board at CPF
at LPF its' the other way around lol

Yobresal was there.. but as Laserboy..
His username got ganked before he could register it--so he reversed the letters (myb in 'protest'?)

only a wild guess but I bet 'Yob' was an early joiner here..he is another that goes MIA for spells . Great member, great friend.

GSS

Too funny..
Sure glad to see you post Hak:)
Kinda feel stupid to just how easy Yobresal was to figure out:whistle:

Last edited: