Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

593.5nm 2-9mW Laserglow Rigel for sale!

Gabe

CLOSED

Howdy B/S/T browsers, I'll be putting my amber laser up for sale, I just don't use it much and I could be using its value in much better ways. I'll be selling it at a pretty huge loss, here's why. Aesthetically, it's got a couple scratches and chips in the black enamel. Other than that though, it's a beautiful laser. Another issue with it is divergence, it's a bit high compared to other models. I just did a measurement and I got 3.4mrad of divergence. It's just noticeable but not too bad. At 2-9mW the power can fluctuate, but it's really only noticeable if you're looking at it up close. I'd say when it's warmed up the power stays around 8-10mW, so it's not dim. The amber colour is really pretty. Don't let it run too long, as it can get hot after 30-45 seconds. As a pointer laser though, it won't be on for that long anyways. Comes in a nice little latched aluminum and plastic case.

I bought it for probably around $600, back when this was the highest powered, vaguely reasonably priced yellow laser you could find. I'll ask for $200 US plus shipping, I think that's pretty reasonable given how it is. PayPal por favor, shipping from Canada.

Heres an album with pictures

Last edited:

Hello, I actually pushed myself to make an account JUST for this listing. Would you happen to still have this for sale?

edit: well, not Just for this post, but it's a big part of it :)

Last edited:
Gabe, best of the luck on the sale, it shouldn't take you too long to sell this kind of laser as it's pretty valued around the forums!

How is your other hobby doing? :)

-Alex

BobMc

Best wishes with your sale, it looks like you've got a bite already. That was quick. :)

Gabe

Hello, I actually pushed myself to make an account JUST for this listing. Would you happen to still have this for sale?

edit: well, not Just for this post, but it's a big part of it :)

Hey, just shot you a PM, thanks for joining! :)

Gabe, best of the luck on the sale, it shouldn't take you too long to sell this kind of laser as it's pretty valued around the forums!

How is your other hobby doing? :)

-Alex
Hi Alex! I haven't been around for a while so I wasn't sure of the standings these lasers have in the forum's opinions, glad to hear they're not worthless ;)

As for photography, things are going great! My passion for it keeps getting stronger and stronger which is good, I've been learning lots and creating things I'm quite proud of. If you want to see a few of the photos I've been taking over the past year or two as well as see what I'm up to, you can look at my Instagram @gabe_314 if you have it :D

Best wishes with your sale, it looks like you've got a bite already. That was quick. :)
Thanks Bob! That certainly was quick, I wasn't expecting such fast interest. Maybe I shouldnt've lowballed the price so much ;) :crackup:

Well that is a beautiful laser there I have not seen that vid before from Lazzerer
Just awesome anyone have a blank host they want to sell!
I don't think laser 66 has them anymore!

Gabe

Thanks everyone! And bowtie, I'd forgotten about people polishing up the brass tubes, it really does look great and fits with the laser colour. This could be yours, folks! Only $200 US! As you can see, the first person that took interest is banned for being a returning banned member with multiple accounts. So the offer is still on the table!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Gabe, I thought for sure that you had it sold!
Hang in there, it's a great wavelength, someone is going to grab it, probably sooner than later. ;)

Gabe

Sorry to hear that Gabe, I thought for sure that you had it sold!
Hang in there, it's a great wavelength, someone is going to grab it, probably sooner than later. ;)

Thanks Jeff, I'm in no rush to get this sold so I've got all the time in the world :cool:

Reactions: GSS
Interested,
Can anyone with experience on this model advise if the head unscrews or pulls off, I'm sure Lazzerer-Angeles would know since I doubt he did such a great polish job on his without taking it apart, or removing the module,

Please anyone this is important for shipping to Sydney!

Interested,
Can anyone with experience on this model advise if the head unscrews or pulls off, I'm sure Lazzerer-Angeles would know since I doubt he did such a great polish job on his without taking it apart, or removing the module,

Please anyone this is important for shipping to Sydney!

Hey badboybilly,

From what I can tell yes the head those screw off, just the gold tip. Opening it would give you access to the IR filter and the main module. Why do you want to remove it though? Make sure not to get any dirt or dust in there! :eek:

-Alex

Hey badboybilly,

From what I can tell yes the head those screw off, just the gold tip. Opening it would give you access to the IR filter and the main module. Why do you want to remove it though? Make sure not to get any dirt or dust in there! :eek:

-Alex

2 reasons buddy, to have it shipped in 2 packages so it doesn't get confiscated and to do a lovely polish job just like Lazzerers one, The case is nice also but if customs saw the case the inside item will be seized! So does the module just slide out when the IR cover is removed!