Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589 nm pointers: Rigel-HV, Rigel Pro-HV and Vega-HV

Just to change the subject for one moment. I was wondering what the cost for a 5mw pointer would be lasing at 561nm and 556 nm? If you happen to know or quesstimate let us all know.

Thanks,
Steve

That's lemon yellow, and you wont be able to get it. If you contact CNI directly about one they would probably quote you something well over 1000$ for one pointer...

I think the closest you can get to 561 is using krypton, at 568nm, a nice golden yellow. I know OPSL lab lasers can do 577, but they're incredibly expensive, about $35-40,000 for a 5W Taipan from Coherent.

You can get 556, and 561 from CNI look at their DPSS wavelengths. I'm sure it's incredibly expensive though.

Oh...I stand corrected then. I'd imagine that even for <1mW through Glenn you're looking at a couple thousand dollars.

oh i see that makes sense I figured it had something to do with the diode, being Rare or someting like that.
The color they produce is rich and appealing, just dont have to pocket money for one.

These are DPSS (Diode Pumped Solid State) lasers, not diode lasers, these work similar to the 532nm greens your used too, an IR diode pumped through a series of special crystals that convert the 808nm IR light to the output color, in this case 589nm or 593.5nm. I dumbed it down a little, if you want an in depth explaination just google DPSS laser and how they work...

I can absolutely verify that 589 and 593.5 side by side are very different. 593.5 is definitely a much darker orange. Unfortuantely I've had one hell of a time getting these differences to show up on camera -- they don't.

Glenn's first shipment of 589s was labeled 593.5 - so we wondered if CNI shipped the wrong ones. But when I turned on my 589, I knew right away that it wasn't 593.5.

I wish I could find a better way to show it. I'll keep messing with white balance until I get it right; I want to do a good comparison but it's been a PITA.

DJNY

Would be great if someone is able to do some 589nm and 593.5nm comparison shots!
I´m planing to buy a yellow laser during the next twelve months, just sitting here and waiting for a good offer for a 20-40mW pen brother for my GLP-50.

I'd love to get a 589nm laser but $742 is way out of my range......
Hey folks, I know that a lot of you have been asking about the 589 nm handheld lasers, and we've just finished our tests with good results. We now have three versions of 589 nm yellow lasers available (names above) with various features depending on what you need to do.

The Rigel-HV (www.laserglow.com/GRH) is the standard Rigel laser pointer with a shiny new wavelength! Runs on 2 x AAA batteries and has no FDA safety features. (Americans, import >5 mW at your own risk, but we've never actually had any trouble in the past.) Currently available in power levels from 0.6-39 mW.

The Rigel Pro-HV (www.laserglow.com/GRV) is a 589 nm handheld laser with full FDA-compliant safety features. You'll recognize the housing style as the "Aquarius Pro" or Novalasers' "Alpha". It's available in power levels from 0.6-20 mW.

The Vega-HV (www.laserglow.com/GVH) is exactly the same as a normal Vega series yellow handheld laser, just with the more visible 589 nm wavelength. It's available with power levels ranging from 30-49 mW.

More power levels will likely be introduced as we continue to test and refine these lasers. Let me know if you have any questions.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Might want to check the OP date, this thread is 7yrs old. :)

Edit: You may want to look at Dragon Lasers, $499 for a Spartan 50mW.

Last edited:

diachi

They are the best price I've found, I wish I could find a laser module + driver....

DL sell just the module IIRC, need to contact them and ask. If not, contact CNI and see if they'll sell you one. That's who produces the modules for the spartan.

Encap

Might want to check the OP date, this thread is 7yrs old. :)

Edit: You may want to look at Dragon Lasers, $499 for a Spartan 50mW.

Exactly ---this thread's last post was in 2010.

Remind's me of the movie Sixth Sense--" I see dead people" promo :crackup:

They are the best price I've found, I wish I could find a laser module + driver....

Is bad form to necroposting is very frowned upon n LPF especially with nothing of any value to add/no contribution to make.

Anyway, it is simple for anyone find one--doesn't take a brain surgeon--all that is required is to order one and pay for it.

CNI China is the only manufacturer of 589nm modules for hand held lasers and only low output-very little call/demand for them make them a non-starter waste of time from a business standpoint. Anyone else offereing them buys from CNI and resells.

CNI prices as of mid 2016 --- see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/lasever-now-offers-589nm-prices-added-97943.html
589nm 50mW for $650 + shipping
100mW for $1000 if they will still do one piece
250mW for $2000 if they will still do one piece.

See: http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-H-589.pdf

Last edited: