Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

I mean whoever is selling to the Aussie seller. The modules pictured in the other thread from Alibaba are different than the ones I have from him. And no, not just the G-lens.

@paul - where did you get the heatsinks for the ICs, mine thermally shut down after less than a minute

I mean whoever is selling to the Aussie seller. The modules pictured in the other thread from Alibaba are different than the ones I have from him. And no, not just the G-lens.

@paul - where did you get the heatsinks for the ICs, mine thermally shut down after less than a minute

I found them on eBay awhile ago. Got 30 heat sinks in two sizes from 10 mm to ~25 mm. They were very inexpensive too. Less than $3.00 for all of them. I used Arctic Alumina to attach them to the driver output transistor and the driver IC for the transistor. Both were running too hot to touch from the beginning. The heat sinks run quite hot now, but not as hot as the devices alone.

Found you a link, Zach. www.ebay.com/itm/173038785350. All thirty pieces are $1.64 with free shipping. :D

Last edited:
I found them on eBay awhile ago. Got 30 heat sinks in two sizes from 10 mm to ~25 mm. They were very inexpensive too. Less than $3.00 for all of them. I used Arctic Alumina to attach them to the driver output transistor and the driver IC for the transistor. Both were running too hot to touch from the beginning. The heat sinks run quite hot now, but not as hot as the devices alone.

Found you a link, Zach. www.ebay.com/itm/173038785350. All thirty pieces are $1.64 with free shipping. :D

those are actually pretty good sinks, just don't ever buy the cooling fans that are specially designed for that Raspberry Pi unit, I bought one for a Laser module I was gonna build into a project box and use that Raspberry Pi cooling fan for a cooling unit but I didn't realize how small they were and didn't put out any air at all it seemed like. ill see if I can get a picture in here soon :D

Attachments

• 99D386BB-B5D1-4FD3-BA76-46C5202C5B7C.jpeg
    99D386BB-B5D1-4FD3-BA76-46C5202C5B7C.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I actually have the 12 volt and 5 volt fans that are used on lab lasers in my stock. I also bought those several years ago. Seems I bought too many of the 5 volt ones as I thought I might use them with single Li-ion batteries in some 523nm lab lasers.

I actually have the 12 volt and 5 volt fans that are used on lab lasers in my stock. I also bought those several years ago. Seems I bought too many of the 5 volt ones as I thought I might use them with single Li-ion batteries in some 523nm lab lasers.

yes that was my problem, I didn't realize that the Pi fan was 5V, so it just wasn't powerful enough to put in an enclosed box. I actually figured I wasn't going to ever use it so I actually pushed it to 6.4 volts with 2 tenergy LiFePo4s and to my surprise it didn't make much of a difference :thinking:

My fans weren't made for PI, so they do well at the rated voltages. I think it was just the fans you got. But, that is just a guess.

My fans weren't made for PI, so they do well at the rated voltages. I think it was just the fans you got. But, that is just a guess.

i actually think you're right, 5V should be more than enough power to supply a good sized fan because i used to have a cooling fan i pulled from an old laptop that was 4.5V if i recall and it did seem to move a good amount of air, plus that fan i just showed you was i think 25mmX25mm. thats pretty damn small.

Last edited:
Oh! I had no idea they were that small. Mine are all 40 mm square. I don't see a 1 inch fan moving much air no matter how fast it could run.

Encap

For people who want to make 565nm or 575nmhand held laser has anyone asked Jimmy Fan or whomever at Shenzhen Optlaser if they will sell just the 20mm module inside the housing --same as the modules people have been removing---no housing no driver. am sure they have a part number for same.

Given the entire product is $24-$30 depending on quantity how much could that module be---between $6 and $10--$12 tops 1 piece retail?

Might be worth asking for a one piece price and a small quantity 5 to 10 pieces price. Should ask also about the 100mW and 200mW versions that they will have available next week as well.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they get these in a stage where getting the module alone is a possibility. They are suppose to email me when any higher power 575nm ones come along. If I haven't heard anythging in another week, I'll likely email them again.

Encap

I'm not sure if they get these in a stage where getting the module alone is a possibility. They are suppose to email me when any higher power 575nm ones come along. If I haven't heard anythging in another week, I'll likely email them again.

Well if you look at their web site not alibaba--they claim to be a manufacturer for see: Professional Manufacturer of Lasers-offical Site?Optlaser

They claim "Shenzhen Optlaser Technologies Co., Ltd. is a professional laser equipments manufacturer which always devotes itself to become a high-tech photovoltaic enterprises technological innovation, complete with independent intellectual property rights"

If true and not smoke and mirrors they either make them or assemble them from sub-contractor supplied parts. They have several unique products so I imagine they do actually manufacture rather than buy the completed whole product from someone else. That nobody else is selling low price,l ow end 565nm and 575nm lasers also makes me think they make or at least assemble them.

Any which way someone has to have at some point the completed brass and Al modules with lens and 2 wires to put in the housings and Optlaser is in a position to have and supply them.

I worth asking next time you contact them, I think.

Last edited:

Encap

Last edited:
Yeah. They look good on their website. It's difficult to say how much is real and how much is hyperbole.

They looked a lot better after Curtis edited them for color. I was so disappointed that none of my cameras could capture the actual color. I took a bunch of beam shots. All of them green. :(