Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

Looks pretty good, Zach. I still see some green in the reflection, but not nearly as green as the camera makes them out to be.

Hap, I was just wondering why you aren't so active any more, found a girl(s) to keep you busy?

Yeah, I've been wondering too, where you've been hiding out. Hope everything is okay with you, Alex.

ZRaf, I just saw the pic you added now, thanks, lovely colors.

Thanks - that picture is completely edited. I stripped the green out entirely by setting the saturation to zero for the green range in that region. Those beams were then completely gray. From there, I added a second layer and set it to "overlay" and filled the color I wanted in where the beams and splash were on the screen.

This method only works in darker environments. I still didn't find any method I liked for a daytime shot unfortunately.

You shouldn't see any green or red patches in it because it was all gray at one point :p

As long as it is close to what you actually see, which of course, is what you did, I'm happy to see it. I wonder though, is there any camera which will show the yellow properly and why can't we get a true representation, or close to it, yet?

Hap, I was just wondering why you aren't so active any more, found a girl(s) to keep you busy?

Yeah, I've been wondering too, where you've been hiding out. Hope everything is okay with you, Alex.

I'm doing somewhat okay guys :undecided:, just hanging on! :( I'm thinking of buying myself another laser to keep me busy! :yh:

-Alex

Got a quick reply from Freeman at OPT-PPaled(TY Paul) him 105$usd for two yellow labs w/ship included..not sure which he is sending..I am easy to please.

Thanks, tell me something I don't know, LOL. I understand it probably has something to do with the sensors being R,G or Blue and they just record that, but what I don't understand is why the yellow shade of color cannot be reproduced as faithfully as the yellow in my signature text.

I don't think that explains enough. 589nm is also yellow and cameras do pick it up. Monochromatic light "between" two filter's peak transparency should get partially transmitted by both, producing what seems like an intermediary color.

LSRFAQ explained it had something to do with the dichros in common sensors. Depending on what kind you have it could be better or worse. I'm amazed the dichros don't show 575 right but do show a lower line from my 589 no problem

Last edited: