Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

Nexgen

I ordered two units from the alibaba seller and it should ship tomorrow. I’ll keep you updated on what I find about these, I’ll even tear one apart if it’s 565nm or 575nm.

Yea, would be nice if it’s really 575nm. How about dropping inner module in a host? I have spare 2A linear driver, that will do job done. Also I have C6 laying around :rolleyes:

Edit: Mosc, thanks for the pictures, can’t wait mine to arrive.

Last edited:

I should have mores samples available in the next few days. The inner workings looks like it’s a 22mm dia module so it should fit in a host.

Yea, would be nice if it’s really 575nm. How about dropping inner module in a host? I have spare 2A linear driver, that will do job done. Also I have C6 laying around :rolleyes:

Edit: Mosc, thanks for the pictures, can’t wait mine to arrive.

AC Lasers in the UK is also making 575nm lasers now. Although the facebook page says 577nm. They are being tight lipped about them though.

Maybe we finnaly have affordable yellow lasers at reasonable power.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the tip off, being UK means I can get out of that ridiculous $50+ shipping.

diachi

Thanks for the tip off, being UK means I can get out of that ridiculous $50+ shipping.

They're making diffraction effects at 488 and 577. Haven't said much about them and they're not available yet. What they did say is that they'll be affordable (which is subjective...) and that they aren't using OPSL.

Still waiting to hear more. I have Dan Briggs on Facebook so now doubt I'll see any updates soon after they're available.

Last edited:
They're making diffraction effects at 488 and 577. Haven't said much about them and they're not available yet. What they did say is that they'll be affordable (which is subjective...) and that they aren't using OPSL.

Still waiting to hear more. I have Dan Briggs on Facebook so now doubt I'll see any updates soon after they're available.

He just made a comment to me on PL that they had 575nm.

He thought the one I have was one of theirs.

diachi

He just made a comment to me on PL that they had 575nm.

He thought the one I have was one of theirs.

Ahh, that initial announcement on FB said 488 and 577. Just going off of that, was a month or so ago. :)

There's a screenshot of it somewhere further back in the thread that I posted.

Last edited:
Just to clear things up, Mosc007, I was the first to get the "490nm" diodes in hand. When I finished my preliminary results for that diode, Jordan PMed me and asked if he could use my results on his website. I told him that was fine with me as this information is to be shared among all members of the LPF.

If it's possable to get a Narrow Band Collimated beam from a LED I would love to know how to do it. We could have almost any color laser we want. Even harder would be Speckle pattern. This laser does have a speckle pattern. Similar to what I have seen on my 473nm.

Other than the info I have already posted, What else could I add do to show it's real ?.

The price seems unlikely. But 565nm DPSS is certainly possible using a ND:SFAP crystal.
How would you characterize the beam profile?

Just to clear things up, Mosc007, I was the first to get the "490nm" diodes in hand. When I finished my preliminary results for that diode, Jordan PMed me and asked if he could use my results on his website. I told him that was fine with me as this information is to be shared among all members of the LPF.

That is good to hear. When DTR had the 473nm diodes I was to slow to react and missed out on getting one. I have not seen any since.

I didn't want to miss out on this 565nm so took the plunge. A risk worth taking for this wavelength. And I am glad I did. Surprisingly it's real.

How would you characterize the beam profile?

I am not really up on how to characterise a beam but will try.

It's not as tight as the several 532 DPSS lasers I have but it's a huge improvement over the Green Diode lasers I have. Green Diodes have a horrid beam profile. A reflection Box with a G2 lens and spurious light either side of the main beam with 2 or 3 ellement glass. Even the 490nm Diode has distortions the same as the Greens.

This laser has an internal collimating lens which makes it difficult to adjust.

At short distances it's an oversize circle. Maybe 5mm in diameter. When shining on to white paper it has very noticeable circular speckle patterns.

When aiming the beam at distance the spot looks nice. Tight and round.

Last edited:
I am not really up on how to characterise a beam but will try.

It's not as tight as the several 532 DPSS lasers I have but it's a huge improvement over the Green Diode lasers I have. Green Diodes have a horrid beam profile. A reflection Box with a G2 lens and spurious light either side of the main beam with 2 or 3 ellement glass. Even the 490nm Diode has distortions the same as the Greens.

This laser has an internal collimating lens which makes it difficult to adjust.

At short distances it's an oversize circle. Maybe 5mm in diameter. When shining on to white paper it has very noticeable circular speckle patterns.

When aiming the beam at distance the spot looks nice. Tight and round.

Thanks. I suspected this dpss laser has a beam profile like a 532 nm dpss green laser. If asked this question again simply say the beam is round. The rest is collateral details, but are useful too. Your characterization of a large diameter spot a short distance suggests the collimating lens is of short focal length. Do you agree? Does the optical system use one or two lenses (a positive and negative lenses if two)?

Last edited:
Thanks. I suspected this dpss laser has a beam profile like a 532 nm dpss green laser. If asked this question again simply say the beam is round. The rest is collateral details, but are useful too. Your characterization of a large diameter spot a short distance suggests the collimating lens is of short focal length. Do you agree? Does the optical system use one or two lenses (a positive and negative lenses if two)?

I have no idea what the collimating lens is. It's deep inside the heatsink which makes it hard to remove. Its not easily adjustable either. Lazer2107 said the 575nm were G2 which I would think this is also a G2.

I have no idea what the collimating lens is. It's deep inside the heatsink which makes it hard to remove. Its not easily adjustable either. Lazer2107 said the 575nm were G2 which I would think this is also a G2.

If I've read the info on the Axiz(sp) site correctly the G-2 has a focal length of 4.02mm. That is the reason for the large spot a short distance. Disappointing I will say.

Last edited:
Yeah the beam diverges quite quickly. It's oddly square in shape, like a really squished tem11 mode but without the dead zones between everything. Up close, it's a very ugly spot.

Yeah the beam diverges quite quickly. It's oddly square in shape, like a really squished tem11 mode but without the dead zones between everything. Up close, it's a very ugly spot.

Interesting. I have not noticed that on mine. The beam seems very circular.