Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

I would have to see a link to direct frequency doubling an IR diode too. I very much doubt this is a way to get 575nm of laser light. That wavelength would be pure yellow with little to no green in it at all. I guess we shall all see in time.

diachi

I would have to see a link to direct frequency doubling an IR diode too. I very much doubt this is a way to get 575nm of laser light. That wavelength would be pure yellow with little to no green in it at all. I guess we shall all see in time.

Not sure what you mean by that first sentence... Are you questioning the possibility of direct doubling an IR diode in general? If so, there are commercially available lasers using direct doubled IR to produce visible light. It's inefficient and difficult to implement given the requirements for frequency doubling, but it's certainly possible.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f40/488nm-direct-double-mg-lab-laser-system-85658.html

I should have been more specific as I didn't think frequency doubling of 1150nm direct diode was the way they got to 575nm. These are apparently selling new for $30.00 each. It is certainly possible to frequency double certain IR diodes to get to visible wavelengths. I would like to see a link to 575nm by direct doubling. That was what I was trying to say.

diachi

I should have been more specific as I didn't think frequency doubling of 1150nm direct diode was the way they got to 575nm. These are apparently selling new for $30.00 each. It is certainly possible to frequency double certain IR diodes to get to visible wavelengths. I would like to see a link to 575nm by direct doubling. That was what I was trying to say.

Ahh, now I get you! :)

Killjoy! I sure hope this is a real laser and not a pie in the sky.

Having one in my possesion I can assure you it's a real laser.

The collimated beam does look very good. The wavelength on the spectro shows it is 565+ nm. And the speckle pattern shows it's real laser light.

They are real, but how it works in unknown yet.

I am now more curious about these so called 575nm lasers. That would be a true yellow color, but getting them for $30.00 each is very implausible. If they are real, I certainly want to know how they are doing it. These are coming from Alibaba, which doesn't have the greatest reputation for providing legitimate products. Especially something as exotic as this wavelength.

diachi

I am now more curious about these so called 575nm lasers. That would be a true yellow color, but getting them for $30.00 each is very implausible. If they are real, I certainly want to know how they are doing it. These are coming from Alibaba, which doesn't have the greatest reputation for providing legitimate products. Especially something as exotic as this wavelength.

That's saying it nice.

At the same time, these 565nm units weren't exactly expensive either... :thinking:

There's this and this. The first link is old technology but maybe the manufacturing process is less expensive now.

https://www.photonics.com/a13986/Laser_Diode_Emits_Yellow-Green_Light

https://laserpointerforums.com/f40/quest-yellow-orange-semiconductor-diodes-101018.html

Last edited:
So, you are suggesting these are direct diodes? It seems unlikely as I haven't heard of any company releasing direct diodes. The one 565nm laser that Mosc007 got seems to have an IR diode from the current it pulls to give 20-30 mW.

This is interesting.

TOPTICA has released a new class of multi-Watt laser sources for use in the laboratory but also opening up opportunities for future OEM integration. Based on the TA-SHG pro product line, a resonantly frequency-doubled tapered amplified diode laser, more than 2 Watts of single frequency output covering the spectral range from 550 nm to 565 nm are now available.
https://www.lastek.com.au/2188-toptica-2-w-of-high-power-tunable-green-yellow-lasers-introduced

So, you are suggesting these are direct diodes? It seems unlikely as I haven't heard of any company releasing direct diodes. The one 565nm laser that Mosc007 got seems to have an IR diode from the current it pulls to give 20-30 mW.

Whom are you responding to?

Whom are you responding to?

It was in response to your link. I see these new SHG 2 watt laser diodes you have now linked to. I seriously doubt these are available to many at this time. With a linewidth of less than 100kHz these are amazingly highly coherent lasers. To get your hands on one of these systems one would need to show a research need and have virtually unlimited funds. I have been trying to speculate on these cheap 565nm and 575nm laser available now. I doubt these are the source.

It was in response to your link. I see these new SHG 2 watt laser diodes you have now linked to. I seriously doubt these are available to many at this time. With a linewidth of less than 100kHz these are amazingly highly coherent lasers. To get your hands on one of these systems one would need to show a research need and have virtually unlimited funds. I have been trying to speculate on these cheap 565nm and 575nm laser available now. I doubt these are the source.

I thought you were but without a quote I wasn't sure.
The links are only to show there could and are diode lasers working at this wavelength. Beyond that I'm not smart enough to make an educated opinion.

P.S. Alibaba sells yellow laser diodes cheap. ;-)

Last edited: