Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm DPSS labby

Yellow hey....CRAP.....I want....Electric Lime !!! Yellow with some green....not Yellow...OH Well...Likely could not buy one anyway !!….Thanx for the feedback LFT !!

CDBEAM

Hi Paul,
It is set to 2A and I ran it for about 90 seconds and no noticeable heat from the sink. The modules are in a 20mm CU sink already and I isolated the module in the Al Sink. Runs great nice yellow WL ..

Rich:)

It was my understanding that the 565nm modules were a bit greener than the 575nm ones. Many people who own both have said so. I suppose if you only have the 565nm one, it might look yellow, but side by side, it doesn't.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Then are you sure you received a 565nm. Alaskan made multiple orders for 575nm and he received a 565nm by mistake. You should see some green in it even without anything side by side.

Hi,
I just went down in the shop and put in fresh charged batteries and it is yellow . I wish I had a camera that would pick it up to show.
I lpm'ed it at 25mW and let it run for 2 mins.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
If it’s yellow with no signs of green then you must have a 575nm unit instead.
565nm is close to 561nm, so it would have a lime green tint. Not as much as 561nm, but still apparent.

Hi Curtis,
Maybe so it has no hint of green I looked at for a while and it's yellow . The color is like the yellow in the Sanwu add.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Curtis,
Maybe so it has no hint of green I looked at for a while and it's yellow . The color is like the yellow in the Sanwu add.
Yes, it definitely sounds like you have 575nm instead. Great wavelength, shame I couldn't get one at the time.

I actually prefer the 575nm lasers over the 565nm ones because they are so very yellow with no trace of green. I could have purchased both at the time I got mine, but didn't think it would be an issue to get one later. Hindsight is 20/20 and, in retrospect, I would have purchased both if I had it to do over.

Yeah, Rich. If your laser is pure yellow, it must be one of the 575nm ones. Ten nm shorter in wavelength and you would see some green. I need to measure the output power of mine as it is higher than the 36 mW I have it posted on my signature. I have added heat sinks to the output transistor and driver IC and a fan to actively remove heat from the driver. It remains stable for 20 minutes as I had it on for that long just the other day.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Hindsight is one of those things. I would of purchased a 575/565 myself regardless of whether I could of afforded to. I just hoped these would stay available in the future.

LSRFAQ

Reposting in each OPT Yellow Thread for INFO Purposes: For those whose 565/575 nm yellow has died/ lost power:
After reading paper after paper... ND:SVAP has some bad habits to be solved.

Turns out the dopant metal has a habit of A. Migrating, and B. forming micro-clusters of raw metal in the crystal, and C. forming F Centers of high adsorption. . If your yellow is dying, as in really dead, move the crystal sideways in the laser and retune the pump diode focus and crystal angle. See if it lives. Your pump diode needs to be on wavelength within +/- a nanometer and a half or so, as well for peak power.
The pump diode moves around 0.2 nm /'C . Pump is near 796 nm, although other bands can be used. Wear Laser Safety Glasses when doing this, a Watt of 796 nm pump light can easily blind you..

Steve

LSRFAQ

NO, I had been working on a 16 watt Q-Switched ND (With the rare Type I Non Critically Matched) SHG all day and typed the wrong acronym while tired. It is Yb:SVAP…
Steve

MYB I am not off as bad as I could be- my two (1pc yellow 1pc orange) never arrived.. Freeman has offered a different lab 635 or 638. Sam brought me a nice yellow HeNe and its all I need. time to 'walk your Argons'
Ran the ML for 30 min now to run the SLs (I have some SLs to bring to SELEM for serous buyers/traders)

taking offers
hak