Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm (green) 200 mW laser pointer KLM-P532-200-3

Wiesel

532nm 200 mW laser pointer KLM-P532-200-3

I bought the green laser KLM-P532-200-3 in 2013 in Russia. I thought that the laser is made in Russia. It is a mistake!
http://www.fti-optronic.com/Zelenye...ye-lazernye-ukazki-532-nm-KLM-P532-200-3.html

The box contains a laser, two keys, red battery "Ultra Fire", charger, string.
The laser had a sticker "QC passed". It laser similar to the SD-laser.

The hull is metallic.

Its button broke next day therefore I returned the laser. But at first I tried to exchange it. Other laser was absent. I had to wait five weeks.

Its price is ~ 77$ (2550 rubles).
http://www.fti-optronic.com/images/stories/Prices/price-pointers-2013.htm

I paid the bank account and every other day took the laser. I returned it similarly when wrote a claim. I communicated with sellers at office easily.

So, I didn't have time to photograph a beam. Beam is not granular in the dark. It had exact edges. It thin, pale or transparent. The laser is visible at "gray" light almost in the dark. Beam invisible indoors in the cloudy afternoon. Such I remembered it after not numerous convulsive attempts to activate it.
The charger shone green color when I inserted the battery there. I don't know, how many there was energy.

I don't know the exact diameter of a point. ~10 centimeters. I didn't measure it a slide-rule (or ruler).

The button started breaking at once. At first everything was normal. It was required more force in ~15 minutes. I finished. =~15 minutes. Contact was gone at once next day. Strong pressing made active it sometimes. Then it was necessary to press also sideways. "Happy end".
There is a spring for a battery in the laser. It is surrounded with a gray foam rubber. The spring was bending when I was pressing the button.

9hnj9w.jpg

jgqe11.jpg

rkdb43.jpg

2dqpwy1.jpg

nv63ye.jpg

30ctws0.jpg

287ghlt.jpg

2d8q79l.jpg

fau2xv.jpg

t8untt.jpg

sn1h50.jpg

Output power of radiation of a pointer: 200 MWt
Working distance: 1-100 m
Output diameter of a bunch of radiation of a pointer: 5 mm
Divergence of a bunch of radiation of a green laser pointer: 0.8 мрад
Supply voltage: 3.7V
Size of the case of a green pointer: Mm Ø23*160
Material of optical components: plastic
Weight of a green laser pointer: 70 g
Time of an operating time of a pointer for refusal: 2500-3000 h
Focus adjustment: Yes

Last edited:

Tmack

$77!!! Wow. Those websites are getting brave.

I'm sorry friend. It is in fact a 303 laser that can be had for $15-20

Anywhere from 50-150mw no way to tell without a meter.

Sorry for the bad news.

Wiesel

I strongly didn't want to buy the SD-laser.
And swindlers deceive in online stores, lasers break. + The Russian mail has worked badly.

And firm made the laser here in Russia. And not one! It stole and changed design of the laser a little? This doesn't matter. Regiments are filled up with identical goods in shops.
And I ran into the import disguised SD-laser. Who makes this filth?

Though I knew about the checked sites. But they were expensive.

I learned a lesson. :bumpit:

As a result I bought the laser on the Internet, mail sent it IN TIME in NEW YEAR. I didn't expect it. :gj:
Now it was necessary to check the new laser only.

Last edited:

Tmack

laserbtb
dragonlaser.com
Jetlasers
CNI

Are some great places to buy from.
You will not have to worry about being deceived . You will get what is advertised, and more.

Respect to you for realizing the laser is not any good.

Some members try to defend these lasers because they are in denial that they spent so much on junk.

Now you will know for next time, and you can get a real quality laser. :beer:

Last edited:
Gosh, another one of those ''DRIECT EYE EXPOSURE'' stickers.

Nice review :D

Last edited:
I am still trying to figure out what the hell "do not drop the laser from aloft and squeezing with laser violent" means (#2 on box)

I am still trying to figure out what the hell "do not drop the laser from aloft and squeezing with laser violent" means (#2 on box)
Haha yea I don't get that either... Look at #5 for "Uses". "you just need to press the laser button slightly which make your grace surge"???

laserbtb
dragonlaser.com
Jetlasers
CNI

Are some great places to buy from.
You will not have to worry about being deceived . You will get what is advertised, and more.

Respect to you for realizing the laser is not any good.

Some members try to defend these lasers because they are in denial that they spent so much on junk.

Now you will know for next time, and you can get a real quality laser. :beer:

That seems to be my problem. I need a super high quality green laser as mine sucks. I have a decent 2w blue and a decent 400~mw 405nm purple but i want something really high quality..

^ for green you won't go far wrong with either a laserbtb HL532-100 or one of their 515/520nm direct diode greens. Prices are similar.

I can't speak for the colour/brightness or beam spec of the diode greens but the DPSS is very nice and bright, mine is more stable than the pens whose brightness dramatically changes through a duty cycle and relies on being warm to see the beam.

My HL532 seems to like a good mode hopping session when I run it from cold but you only really notice that when you fully defocus the dot and stare at it through goggles. Otherwise they just appear as minute flickers which through practical use are virtually unnoticeable. This is simply a trait of DPSS in handhelds and unless severe is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
thanks for the advice then, i was looking at laserbtb but I honestly do not want all those safety features. I don't have any children who may gain access to my laser collection so Im not worried about keys and such to lock it. I have goggles galore so safety isnt' an issue with me ya know?

I have my keys tied to the strap on the tailcap, lol. I don't know what difference it actually makes in importing lasers to the US, but the security features make the lasers up to a certain power FDA compliant. I don't even know what FDA stands for and I know we don't have it here in the UK, but it's worth bearing in mind if you don't want your laser eaten by customs.

I have my keys tied to the strap on the tailcap, lol. I don't know what difference it actually makes in importing lasers to the US, but the security features make the lasers up to a certain power FDA compliant. I don't even know what FDA stands for and I know we don't have it here in the UK, but it's worth bearing in mind if you don't want your laser eaten by customs.

FDA stands for the "Food and Drug Administration".

FDA is Food and Drug administration but they work with customs to keep all sorts of things out of the US. however I've had 2 overseas shipments of lasers that arent legal to ship and Lithium Ion batteries which your not supposed to ship. Customs doesnt do a great job of stopping packages unless they are labeled directly as "so and so mw Laser Pointer Class So and so"

Well damn, that's a letdown. I was hoping it'd stand for something epic like Federal Detection Agency...