Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

515nm Titanium Ehgemus host build

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
OVNI, RB, Eitan, GSS, thank you guys for your comments and rep! It's much appreciated.

OVNI, I didn't think anyone would recognize "thing" anymore, he's been out of work for so long, and he was looking for a job, so I hired him for the day; rest assured, he's back in the box now. :D
Also, thanks for that link, it was fun going in the"way back" machine!

Reactions: GSS

OVNI, I didn't think anyone would recognize "thing" anymore, he's been out of work for so long, and he was looking for a job, so I hired him for the day; rest assured, he's back in the box now. :D
Also, thanks for that link, it was fun going in the"way back" machine!
Jeff, it's one thing using "Thing" for your laser display purposes but whatever you do, don't use Uncle Fester to power your next laser.

:crackup:

tumblr_lhcupgq0Q01qd5n55o1_500.gif

Hi RB,
When i was a kid the Addams Family was awesome to watch on TV. They had all kinds of show props for us kids at that time. I had a Uncle Fester Light bulb that lit up when you put it in your mouth. It was great i didn't know how they did it but it was so cool . This brings back memories buddy thank you for a walk down memory lane..

Rich:)

hehe, it was a fun show, wasn't it.

I feel guilty though because we've hijacked Jeff's thread of his wonderful Titanium build.
Just having another look at the pics, such a lovely build and I love that 515nm wavelength.

:beer:

Hi ,
no jacking involved here Jeff's builds are awesome we all know that bare none. he is a master at his craft and we all like his stuff . but Uncle Fester well he's a cool dude no lasers but still cool.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Don't worry about any thread highjacking; RB, you brought back some good old memories. :yh:
I always loved watching Morticia, ... er, I mean the Addams Family; I always thought it was much better than the Munsters.

PS - RB, I won't be using Uncle Fester for my power, probably not enough output, besides, he's definitely not in the "hand held" form factor!

I always loved watching Morticia, ... er, I mean the Addams Family; I always thought it was much better than the Munsters.

PS - RB, I won't be using Uncle Fester for my power, probably not enough output, besides, he's definitely not in the "hand held" form factor!

Ah yes Morticia, "where every night is Halloween..." LOL
No wonder Gomez was always smiling with those goggle eyes of his.

As for poor old Uncle Fester, yeah not really an appealing hand held form factor.

Just be cautious when shining that laser around, even with an Acrylic at 70.5mW, cousin Itt would go up in flames
quick smart if a beam catches it.... :crackup:

addams.gif

Last edited:

GSS

Don't worry about any thread highjacking; RB, you brought back some good old memories. :yh:

Hey if it wasn't for Bowtie's build this fun and old time throw back fun wouldn't of happened. Oh the good old days of clean fun TV:):beer:

Edit...I thought the Munsters were better....oh oh whats this going to start?

Last edited:
Hey if it wasn't for Bowtie's build this fun and old time throw back fun wouldn't of happened. Oh the good old days of clean fun TV:):beer:

Edit...I thought the Munsters were better....oh oh whats this going to start?

It's too late I can't help myself, but first let me say to Bowtie great looking laser, I love green lasers.

I can't believe how many of us are old enough to remember those shows, I thought we had mostly young people here.

I thought both shows were very good. I am however disappointed that you all left out Dark Shadows, much better in my opinion but not comedy though.

Alan

That's a really nice looking host bro,
That's just how I like them simple and one shape,
Your gonna enjoy that one a lot, very nice mate!

GSS

Pi, what took you so long? Your slipping:whistle: I know your not to well lately so your excused. I do like watching documentary's on these old shows, like when the original "ugly" Marylin left after the first year and no one seemed to notice it was a different actress.
Bowtie for real to get back to your build it's making me turn the corner as to using it as a sky pointer with the right lens, as just this morning at maby 40 deg out I had to pre warm my 532nm and continue to so I could see the beam. This was at 75mw.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I can't believe how many of us are old enough to remember those shows, I thought we had mostly young people here.

Alan

Thanks Alan!
Yeah, there are quite a few of us baby boomers still hanging in there. Probably more than we would imagine, I think many are just not as vocal as some of the "young uns".
As a matter of fact, I think it was Pman who just mentioned that he thought we may be getting a bit older as a group.
It's been a long time (6yrs), since that "How old are we" thread was made, I'd be curious to see a current census of how we're represented by age!
BTW - Thanks for the theme song videos.

@ BadBoy, thanks, I agree, sometimes simple is just better.

@ GSS, This would work fine as a pointer. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm still partial to the single mode low power 638nm reds for my sky pointing. Thanks for the +rep!

@ jander, glad you like it, It's not to practical, but I personally love titanium for hosts. I've been hooked on the look and feel of titanium since I bought my first J/L Ti-B.

RB - I'll have to remember that quote "When we're together, darling, every night is Halloween". It's classic! :D

I have to add a 520nm laser to my collection if I have spare money. This is awesome color.

Hi Bowtie,
That's the only host i don't have is Titanium , I keep looking at this post time and again kicking my self when the boys were making them . Next time around i won't hesitate for sure. Awesome build and thread my brother..