Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw blue laser problem.

Jonneh

i do not know how to delete this thread.

Last edited:

ARG

Re: Bad Lazerer experience?

I had the same problem with a 405nm laser from them, their drivers have a nasty ripple on them.

Send Max and email and tell them about your problem, he may be able to help you out.

P.S. I sent you an invite to a group for people in our area :)

Gotta stick to that duty cycle! violets LED if you dont. Seen it happen one too many times on here.

You really ought to put this into the Companies forum, not this Help/Tutorials forum. This forum is for helping with operational or construction problems concerning lasers, not support issues related to companies.

I wish Lazerer had their own forum. Too many people are coming here treating this forum as some sort of customer service forum, which it is not.

His issue doesn't sound like it has anything to do with duty cycle. Also, just about any diode will LED if you exceed its duty cycle too far so that's universal.

I would agree with ARG and send Max an email. He is a reasonable guy and will likely work with you.

Edit: You have a point Badger but at the same time it happens with basically all of the laser companies from what I have seen.

Last edited:

MaxLZR

Hi all,

Max from LAZERER here. Jonneh has already contacted us about this issue via email. I think he didn't tell everything clearly here. Actually Jonneh report us the problem two weeks after the package is signed. There is no reason why buyer do not immediate contact us when they find the wrong product is sent. Also the problem is found when the laser is used for 2 weeks, not the second time buyer turn on the laser.

We still offered Jonneh another way to resolve the problem anyway. We ask Jonneh to return the item for free exchange if the product is still in the same condition as he received it. However as the product is used for 2 weeks already and for some reason it is damaged. We offer Jonneh for a low cost maintenance as he is still covered by our maintenance period . Jonneh refused both solution and refuse to return the item therefore the return process is interrupted.

We handle all the return according to our term and condition. Which is agreed by buyer when they place the order. I hope you will understand.

Regrads,
Max

Last edited:

Sounds legit Max. I hate when people report things here and leave out essential details that massively effect the circumstances, its essentially lying. I agree that there is no reason that if the lens had in fact been damaged prior to him receiving it that he wouldn't have contacted you far sooner. Your offers were very reasonable and he clearly turned them down because the damage was caused by misuse or accident. It sounds to me like the laser was dropped and the broke...

Hi, I ran my laser until the end turned red hot. It stopped lasing, can I return it?

Hi, I threw my laser at my dog and it broke. Can I return it?

JLM

But if this guy really bought one 445nm and received one 405nm is responsibility the company refund the return shipping, but Jonneh can’t pretend hold the laser and receive a refund for it.

Last edited:

I totally agree. If he had opened the package and then turned around and sent an email to Max then he would have had a replacement 445nm laser. Instead it looks like he chose to just keep the laser but after two weeks he accidentally broke it and decided that he could get away with coming here and lying to us thinking that would pressure Max into replacing it for free.

Since he held the laser for two weeks and then claims it was damaged when he got it he should have to pay for repair regardless if he is going to be sent a replacement of the correct wavelength. Max made a mistake but he shouldn't have to pay for this guy breaking the laser.

You people are super rude. This kid is new, and he just came in here to ask for help. Not only did you mock him, but you called him a liar as well. His profile says he is 15, if I was 15 and was new here, and people just started saying stuff like that, I would not be happy. What if he didn't have the time to email Max earlier? You can't just assume things like that.

Jonneh, I believe you 100%. Don't listen to these people. Even if you don't get to exchange your laser, at least you have the friendly people on here to support you.

I am also a new member (Just joined today) and like I said, if I was younger, I would just feel helpless. What if his family is poor and it took him forever to save "100$"? Think before you post.

Last edited:

Sorry dude but that's just not how the world works.

Encap

YOu gave him 100% service and consideration Max---if he does not want, it is not your fault.

He should have let you know within a day or two of receiving that he received the wrong item and would like to exchange it.

Easy fix is for him to buy a replacement lens and install it.

I would find the time to reply day one if the wrong laser was shipped- how much time could this take anyway.
Lint or debris cannot get inside the lens and thus taking it apart was no only unneeded but not something one can't do and still expect the warranty to apply.
Not calling the lad a liar,,just sayin' AND fro a 15yr old newcomer he has an awesome avatar -- Im 532 w/envy... hope this works out swell for all.

hak

You people are super rude.

I think the better word is harsh. Very, in some cases, harsh. And many that are can get away with it, because they are long-time respected members.

It reminds me of high school. One either plays it their way, or they're invited to leave.

In time, those that stay figure out who is harsh and who is not. On the whole, it's a great place and there is none other quite like it. Some forums on the net, believe it or not, are much worse.

Last edited: