Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500 mw green??

DJNY

I'm still not seeing anything other than a few people trying to outbid each other.. Without actual usernames we're just assuming.. as I said.

Aside from that, what else is there?

I would give you $5 for buying this.

We could put a pool together but I'm sure it will go for more than its going for now.

DJNY

I bet that the next bid not from h***c or a***l is going to win the race!

Who wants to bet $5 against my tip?

You did hit the "show automatic bids" button right? It seems to tell a different story.. Whoever the highest bidder is will undoubtedly will the auction. No $5 bet necessary!

This certainly could be a scam.. By your logic, MOST ebay listings could be scams.. You never know unless you take the risk. I'm not encouraging anyone to buy this, I've only stated why I believe this auction is for an authentic blue (445nm) diode.

Last edited:

jaycey

Being skeptical I see this happening.

Seller gets his mate/second account to win auction:poke: at whatever cost.
Positive feedback comes in:angel:
Seller lists 19 remaining diodes at a "bargain" BIN price:drool: compared to the winning bid on the auction.
BAM...19 diodes sold:paypal: @ say $300= $5700
19 very pi$$ed off buyers:cryyy:
eBay account closed:banned: take the money and run:thanks:

A vivid imagination:thinking:...YES

DJNY

Being skeptical I see this happening.

Seller gets his mate/second account to win auction:poke: at whatever cost.
Positive feedback comes in:angel:
Seller lists 19 remaining diodes at a "bargain" BIN price:drool: compared to the winning bid on the auction.
BAM...19 diodes sold:paypal: @ say $300= $5700
19 very pi$$ed off buyers:cryyy:
eBay account closed:banned: take the money and run:thanks:

A vivid imagination:thinking:...YES

That´s ebay and the reason why I won´t recommend this auction.
If it is really a 500mW 444nm, I will bed at least $500.

So you're saying this is an outright scam solely because it's an ebay auction and you don't trust ebay auctions?

Not because you have a good understanding of laser diodes and their applications?

Not because you know what a 445nm diode should look like in terms of color?

Not because you know the equipment the seller is using relegates them to either a professional or a very knowledgeable hobbyist?

Not because you know that 445nm diodes are becoming commonplace rapidly and it's just about the right time to start seeing them on ebay?

'Cause those are the reasons why I'm saying that I believe this is, in fact, a real, genuine 445nm diode and it's highly likely there will be more showing up..

It sounds to me like your issue is with ebay more than this particular auction..

I've already said that since I haven't bought one myself I can't say for 100% sure that the power output is what it is listed as, however..

Last edited:
^There we go.. right answer! It bears all the hallmarks of a true 445nm diode, but unless someone buys it and reports back, we'll never know if it's legit..

I only hope that more true blue diodes start showing up.

aXit

@DJNY

I saw the $102 current bid too.

It was at 15 bids when it originally passed $300, now it's back at 9 bids.

I wonder how there could be more bids at one time and less at another? Can one retract a bid after it's been made?