Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5 Watt Laser Power Meter

Holy hell how did I not see this before? I have been looking for a LPM for sometime even started a wanted thread. I was waiting on ARG's setup but he said next year before he has units.

These are in stock?
These are "plug and play" out of box?

Sending PM can't wait to anxious to ask about this more

She arrived yesterday. I had to open it to re-attach the LCD display which had falling inside and a small resistor or something was loose and kept causing the unit to turn on and off whenever I touched it. Seems to work fine now but I was sweating for a bit after I got it and couldn't get it to work.
Thanks no-spin this meter will keep me busy for awhile. Probably gonna buy your battery pack soon. A picture before I go

IMG_20141229_211000_213.jpg

nospin

Wow
rough shipping!

The battery pack is no longer avalable
any 12 volt positive center will work as it draws only 60ma

I'm glad there are no problems, enjoy your new tool!

Thanks again

Last edited:
She arrived yesterday. I had to open it to re-attach the LCD display which had falling inside and a small resistor or something was loose and kept causing the unit to turn on and off whenever I touched it. Seems to work fine now but I was sweating for a bit after I got it and couldn't get it to work.
Thanks no-spin this meter will keep me busy for awhile. Probably gonna buy your battery pack soon. A picture before I go

IMG_20141229_211000_213.jpg

Congratulation Starlight! That is one sharp LPM. Reminds me of my childhood back in the 1970's. Super retro radness.

.3lite

Thanks

Lifetime17

.3lite

Enjoy you meters

Only 5 left!

:thanks:

I'm looking forward to receiving it :) In any case I can definitely recommend this meter since you are getting a true Ophir head for more more reasonable price instead of some fancy home-made TEC attached to heat sink :p

No offense to anyone, it's my personal opinion. There are five left so if anyone is thinking about getting one - you definitely should.

I wish I saw this thread a month ago. I would have bought one of these in a heartbeat! Great price and I love the retro look and big number display. If I can't find someone to calibrate my Scienctech I may just sell it and buy one of these bad boys.

oh yeah a little fog and my 589nm looks great on the meter

Last edited:
Hi LPF members,
The Nospin 5watt LPM is an awesome deal . A fraction of the price of the more expensive Lpm's . Accuracy is fantastic the thermopile even picks up body heat it's so sensitive. Turn the unit away and it automatically zeroes back. I'm very pleased with this unit its compact size And options to run off battery power and a auto mobile outlets. Worth every penny in my book. How come someone didn't come up with this unit sooner. Could have save others a lot of $$$ based upon other pricey Lpm's.well that's my review hope this helps others to deside when in the market fo one.the thermopile is a great bargain to begin with alone.
To my knowledge there aren't many left so strike while the iron's hot folks.
Good day be safe build safe its a great hobby for some and a great business for others.
Thanks for reading LPF members also purchase from forum members and make a donation if you can.👍👍👍😊