Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.6mm no press 12mm DTR modules

Hi GSS,
I think he purchased a home overlooking a golf course . If you remember he posted a vid while driving up to it
Rich:)

Reactions: GSS

I got items from the country club address. Of all the sports on the list for not doing during this outbreak, golf could be the one that keeps going.

GSS

I got items from the country club address. Of all the sports on the list for not doing during this outbreak, golf could be the one that keeps going.
So maby he is involved at some level.
Last I heard pro golf was still being played but with no spectators.

I'd like to think Jordan is just golfing, but I fear it is something bad. Hope all is well with him.

Reactions: GSS
Hi Serveurperso,

Me too received 5 of these no press modules from DTR and in my case I cannot fit GH04W10A2GC into them. However, they fit into Lasertack Al and plated Cu mouts well.

I think the reason must be that his supplier did not produce him the 1st lot acc. to design and kept some dimentions from old v5. Or did not keep to tolerances. Also, the modules do not screw to the end.

It looks that I have to bring them to the workshop to enlarge LD slot at 0.1mm and polish away 0.5-1mm from the back to allow the back half contact as you show on your pictures... Not easy at times of infection running outside!

View attachment 68326

Hello Light superglue,

I use google translator a lot, if I understand in your photos it looks exactly like the v5 standard press version and no the v6 like you say.
Back are also the v5.
Because v6 back I received are a bit different (I can do picture if anyone want).
New v6 back can be used on v5 front but not the other way around.

Finally I much prefer the old ones with press for the best thermal contact... I bought v6 out of curiosity...
I prefer the old v5 half/full back also.

I find it really strange to have sold me an untested product with 5 times the same error:(

Hi Serveurperso,

Do you live in Paris? Until 2008 I worked in Atofina company in Verneuil en Halatte (Oise). Not far from Paris.

DTR just answered to my inquiry and yes, you are right. He sent me v5 press style heads by mistake. He would send the replacement but maybe I will have to polish it a little as you say that LD fit too low inside and back half cannot touch them.

The right made no press module permits enough thermal transfer. I used a lot of Lasershowparts and Lasertack modules, they are all no press style and worked fine.

Hi Light superglue,

Yes I'm in Courbevoie near Paris (and about 73km from Verneuil en Halatte lol), now you left France ?
DTR didn't reply to my email ... he must be very busy or he doesn't like me :s ?

The no-press style are not a problem for me, I like the idea, but I don't like what I received because look like a modded v5, just a v5 with removed copper, not a new /re-design of the module. There is unnecessary complexity on this v6 "beta".

I also find it easier and cleaner to press the diode than having to polish so much copper on all the modules I mount...
I like lasers a lot and I mount a lot of modules and it's unimaginable I having to sand a lot of copper on all module.

I am a very slow maker (because of an excess of perfectionism), and if I need to make exactly the same manual modification on all parts take me too much time. I already make modifications on all lens assembly to get Long focal and low divergence with low power loss.

Even if I wanted to do this, the machine tools to work the metal properly are not at home (but at hackerspace) and currently we are not allowed to go out in France because of the confinement!

Pascal

Coonie

Is DTR no longer going to stock the V5 modules? If so I have to protest my dissatisfaction. We should be given an option to choose both.

I get a lot of 5.6mm press module on Ebay DTR Shop with Hollow back (because they mandatory need old press modules!!). Now they look out of stock:( I think it's just a matter of time (factory closed with the covid ?)

Giannis_TDM

Oh man I really hope Jordan is alright, I've had such good experience with him making multiple orders in the 100s of $, I hope he is just "burned out" or something and he will come back soon. Also, wait are the V5s gone?! I am like Rich I would much prefer pressing in diodes rather than just trying to smash them between 2 copper plates because it gives me the ability to connect a driver directly to the diode.

bertha

I shall be following this
o.png