Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.6mm no press 12mm DTR modules

Hi,
Yes I would think that they cut corners to save money for a sale and not quality .
Rich:)

Hi,
there's an old saying ifs not broke dont fix it, under certain terms. But I appreciate Jordan for introducing something new other .
I enjoy the V5's only because i'm a seasoned person who likes doing it old school with my eyes closed so to speak.
I order the V5's online so let's see if it goes through.
Jordan your a standup guy and thats why we at LPF appreciate the fine products you bring to up bare none.
Just my Opinion buddy
Thanks for all you done for us guys and gals when applicable .
Rich:)(y)

Remember on 2 modules I can insert the diode by hand (as pictures) and 3 other module it's impossible. I think DTR must improve the design in the future. The coronavirus begins to become serious here in France and another country

Remember on 2 modules I can insert the diode by hand (as pictures) and 3 other module it's impossible. I think DTR must improve the design in the future. The coronavirus begins to become serious here in France and another country

Yeah, the corona virus is pretty serious in the US too. Many things are shut down all over the country. Has anyone heard from Jordan recently?

No news from Jordan even on my first order this is another person answered me by email (and shipped the package I think) I ordered 2 or 3 time on ebay and it's shipped

Hi,
I haven't heard from Jordan either I ordered 10- 5.6mm modules and 10- 9mm modules on his Ebay site, but only received 5 of each. So DTR needs to send me the balance of missing modules. I emailed them a few times no reply.
I stayed with the regular 12mm press in modules , pressing in is no issue with me . Old school if it isn't broken dont fix it.
He has a helper his name is Auggie , so im also still waiting for a reply or a tracking # if they sent my balance of copper modules.

Hi Paul,
No he just replied in his usual manner to the point and an apology . Nothing else to add he seemed fine I assume.

Hi Serveurperso,

Me too received 5 of these no press modules from DTR and in my case I cannot fit GH04W10A2GC into them. However, they fit into Lasertack Al and plated Cu mouts well.

I think the reason must be that his supplier did not produce him the 1st lot acc. to design and kept some dimentions from old v5. Or did not keep to tolerances. Also, the modules do not screw to the end.

It looks that I have to bring them to the workshop to enlarge LD slot at 0.1mm and polish away 0.5-1mm from the back to allow the back half contact as you show on your pictures... Not easy at times of infection running outside!

No press 12mm modules.jpg

Hi,
Jordan tries to bring in new items to us at LPF. I am sure he will work out the bugs for these no press modules. They seem to be a great idea from the pics shown. Once the tolerance from the manufacturer is corrected and all is good I will try some.But for now ill stick with the press In modules. And I think the press in tools from Flamingpyro (Jeff) are awesome . Jordan has them listed as well ...
I like the press in method the diode is seated nice and snug for thermal efficiency.

GSS

Silly question.
When Jordan posts pic's other than builds it looks like he's owns or is a ground keeper on a golf course?
Since most sports are in limbo for now i'm wondering if it's a issue with him being unusually inactive lately?