Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4W Blue Diode Coming! Single Mode Too !!

sinner

The diodes are kept in a controlled environment for now since they are "considered" to be VERY sensitive, to the external environment and even the 1/100th of a micron particle could make it degrade the InGaN-Tr complex - SORAA

To be honest from the articles i have been reading all day long, I find it may not be useable for a DIY laser build by us hobbyists :thinking:

ARG

He signed an NDA (Non-Disclosure agreement) so he technically shouldn't have even told the vets. Sorry for bringing this up here, shouldn't have said anything until it was ready. :(

He signed an NDA (Non-Disclosure agreement) so he technically shouldn't have even told the vets.

Oh dear... Ok, shan't ask anymore then... But glad to know there's a hint of something more awesome to come!

Geez, these chinese guys move fast! I hope they fall in price somewhat... a bit too pricey to kill one.

@Meatball - I think we're ok for now... I mean there is no useful info leaked from us just yet, but once the cat is out of the bag on ebay, might as well let everyone in on the fun.

Hopefully we'll have the test results soon. I disagree... I think these will be awesome in handhelds... yes, bulky, yes, we'll probably have to use 2x22650 setup at a minimum, and new drivers will be needed, but it's still awesome... I mean 4W is at the rather conservative factory estimates.... meanwhile our diodes are ALWAYS overdriven.... way over 5W should be doable.

Last edited:
I guess this is my punishment for not making a bunch of useless posts that have been said a million times over.

I understand the need for the Vets section, but some of us members have been here a while even if we don't make ourselves known. Alas, being the introspective non talkative type screws me again.

If you cant tell, im a little bit jealous right now:p

Don't worry, the info on these diodes should be public long before we the mere plebs can buy them.

I feel like the girl on Willy Wonka, I want it now!

Exciting times for sure. Must be patient.

I cant get over it, single mode, its gonna be so awesome lol.

Ok im done now.

I hope kipkay and WL don't get their grubby paws on one before me. IE any word on the longevity test?

Should be good enough for our purposes. Not my place to say more than that yet :shhh:

A GB for these would be a good idea, if we can get 20 or so people I'm sure we could get some kind of a price break. Too pricey the way they are :(

ARG

Any idea what kind of a price break we could get? This only the initial breakthrough but who knows what kind of prices we could get is 10x or 50x :shhh:

Last edited:
Way too early to speculate, considering only two are confirmed samples, and god only knows that those guys paid for them.

I suspect unless these can drop in price by at least 40% somehow, they will be outside most of our budgets for a good long while. At least mine.

I don't think we'd get much of a discount on 10... and I have a hard time believing we'll get 50 participants, although I'm sure some will want more than one diode.

We'll see what happens. All pure speculation for now.

Besides, I feel like I'm stealing the limelight here... I didn't discover or buy these, I just bugged the guys that did, better than everyone else apparently.

(I guess I'm just that annoying :p)