Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Scopeguy-GB-Aquarius/CNI

mfo

I sold it to Daguin. He is going to try his hand at getting it working again.

Ahh ok. Well, better luck with your next one. You said you're going to pot mod it to 30mW? How sensitive is the pot?

mfo

So how do you pull it off without frying the diode initially?

Luck.....I really miss my laser now. It's like a hot girlfriend that I had fun with for a while, then treated like crap and passed her on to the next guy to repair. Now i am lonely without my laser while some older guy gets to tinker with her insides.

See if you had just treated her better, she might've not thought it was a maturity issue, and sought out older men.

We're still talking about lasers right?

Hey yobresal took one for the team, maybe we should see if folks want to help to raise funds and get him a replacement? -Glenn

Wow I just read this whole thread. Result:

first I was like =]
then I was like, pot mod =/
then I was like FUUUU

Looks like a very nice laser. Idk what I should save up money for; this pen, or the O-like 473nm labby. I hope the repair goes well. Keep us posted.

LOL, Oh Rob you had me going there until my line of sigth ran into that huge NOT.
Pwnstr - I would recommend you either purchase this laser (give it a slight pot mod) or buy on of the 100mW extremelasers ebay auction blue lasers. If you search "473nm laser" everyday on ebay youw will notice when they are posting their 100mW blue modules. I have purchase 2 for less than $450 and I have bid on pretty much every single one that has come up in the last year. You just have to wait and get lucky as it is an auction. Both of mine have put out 100mW (or at least they did after tuning them in temperature wise)
The only reason I am not recommending the O-Like module is because of the bad review they got.

Did your heart skip a beat at the thought of a possible FREEBIE ???? HA HA HA Not on your life am I partin' with this little gem. She puts out 12mW's on a LOW battery, averages 19mW's, & peaks at 25mW's, & it's an AQUARIUS 8. The ONLY WAY anyone is gettin' this one, is when they pry my cold, dead, fingers from around it. This is one HOT HONEY, LUKE..................rob

Krutz

..i'll get back to you with a quote of that, in some years, rob :p
(what laser-stuff did i have and love some years ago? where is it now? uhoh..)

manuel

LOL, Oh Rob you had me going there until my line of sigth ran into that huge NOT.
Pwnstr - I would recommend you either purchase this laser (give it a slight pot mod) or buy on of the 100mW extremelasers ebay auction blue lasers. If you search "473nm laser" everyday on ebay youw will notice when they are posting their 100mW blue modules. I have purchase 2 for less than $450 and I have bid on pretty much every single one that has come up in the last year. You just have to wait and get lucky as it is an auction. Both of mine have put out 100mW (or at least they did after tuning them in temperature wise)
The only reason I am not recommending the O-Like module is because of the bad review they got.

I have updated the thread for my review. For longer run times the unit puts out an average of about 67/68 mw with some 70 mw peaks. Still below 80 but very good value nonetheless for under us$ 500.

Thank you for the advise. Ill look into those ebay auctions.

CNI pretty much insists on doing the repair themselves and wants to charge me $250 to do so and requests That I ship via fedex with tracking (another $25) I have decided to do thius repair myself.

Should I use a 1 watt Cmount or a 2 watt cmount. I would imagine that the current diode is a 1 watt.

In My Aries-style host I am getting 7mW/CW of 473nM from 1.2W of 808. At 1W of 808, it barley lases at about .5mW of 473nM. You will be pulsing the diode so maybe a 1W would work, (pulsed to 1.5-1.75W maybe).

I know in replacing my diode with a 2W, I have been told that larger C-mount diodes may have a physically-larger beam output, which may change your set-up a bit. Something to consider perhaps.

I think I would try for a 2W anyway, they are not much more cost than a 1W, although a 3W is much more.

Sorry to hear about the dead-diode, but you rock for trying it out. I may have to try to get one of these, even 25-30mW would be a blast, great color!

Wow, that went fast. I guess I need to learn to type faster!
I could really use a 2W with FAC for my 473 build too, 7mW is not quite enough!

Props to you man!!

In My Aries-style host I am getting 7mW/CW of 473nM from 1.2W of 808. At 1W of 808, it barley lases at about .5mW of 473nM. You will be pulsing the diode so maybe a 1W would work, (pulsed to 1.5-1.75W maybe).

I know in replacing my diode with a 2W, I have been told that larger C-mount diodes may have a physically-larger beam output, which may change your set-up a bit. Something to consider perhaps.

I think I would try for a 2W anyway, they are not much more cost than a 1W, although a 3W is much more.

Sorry to hear about the dead-diode, but you rock for trying it out. I may have to try to get one of these, even 25-30mW would be a blast, great color!

The 473 blue laser that Scope hooked me up with in the last CNI GB is a total freak. This thing always peaks at 34-35mW and levels out at around 27-28 after 60 seconds or so on my Kenometer. I usually turn it off after a minute just to adhere to the duty cycle, but it never seems to let up before it gets turned off. This is with only a standard cr2 battery and no pot-modding whatsoever. Best laser I have ever owned by far and for only $315 shipped, can't beat it. Thanks again Glenn!