Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

447nm aka 445nm Blue Lab Lasers Now Available from Dragonlasers

Hi everyone,

A quick post to let you know that Dragonlasers is now selling 447nm lab lasers on our website.

I’ve listed links below to the 3 different power levels we have

20mW 447nm 20mW Blue Laser - Lab Laser

300mW 447nm 300mW Blue Laser - Lab Laser

1 watt 447nm 1Watt Blue Laser - Lab Laser

How good are these lasers??? Their quality is outstanding. They are the same quality as our other lab lasers that we’ve sold to customers such as NASA, Harvard Uni, Walt Disney, Lockheed Martin and so on.

We can have a laser built and shipped to you within 2-3 weeks of the order being placed. So if you order now, you’d receive your lab laser before most people will receive their Artic :)

If you have any questions about these lasers, please feel free to email me at frank@dragonlasers.com

Cheers
Frank
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

dpss or straight diode?

If from the same source as the "arctic" then please post competent prices.

Last edited:

Razako

dpss or straight diode?

They're diode. And the $800 for a 1W lab laser with good beam specs and stability isn't exactly bad.

Honestly though I'd LOVE to see some 445nm PORTABLE lasers from other reputable shops besides wickedliars.

Xer0

How did you achieved stable 20mW? or is it a different, not Casio, diode?

dpss or straight diode?

Yeah, the closest DPSS will come to 445nm is 457nm. Since these are quality modules with a proper driver and analog modulation, their pricing is quite good actually.

Ash

Extremely overpriced, and a 2-3 week wait. :tired:
No thanks. I'd rather build (several of) my own for that amount of $.

How did you achieved stable 20mW? or is it a different, not Casio, diode?

I'm not involved in this in any way, but it'd be pretty easy for them to run the diode at an output of a few 100s of mW, then use a basic spatial filter to reduce the output power and increase the beam quality all in one step.

Extremely overpriced, and a 2-3 week wait. :tired:
No thanks. I'd rather build (several of) my own for that amount of $.

Umm, one can't realistically expect a professionally built laser module to sell for what we here on LPF pay for these diodes. This 445nm Casio thing is an ATYPICAL situation, that IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE WORLD's LASER MARKET. In other words, just because we're spoiled here doesn't give us the right to bitch about the pricing of what appears to be a PROFESSIONAL high-quality rebranded CNI laboratory module. A homemade build and a professional lab module ARE NOT THE SAME THING. I'm glad that a homemade module will work for you, but don't assume that it will work for anyone.

It really, really burns me when ever I see crap like this. As an LPF member, you should feel fortunate to have access to the deals that you have access to.. but to expect the whole world to price things according to what we see here is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Wake the F*CK up people. LPF might be the largest laser forum, but we don't call the shots in the professional laser world. Don't complain about the pricing of something you clearly don't fully understand. If I was looking for a truly professional laboratory module, I would want a module like this.. and ~$850 for a 1W professionally built module is an extremely fine price, even if you, with your limited experience with professional lasers, say otherwise.

Also, to point out your limited experience once again, if you order a lab module BRAND NEW from CNI or any other professional manufacturer, there is always a 1-2week lead time. That's just how it works. Welcome to the real world.

Last edited:
< 5% stability... and near TEM00... <1.0mrad... Sweet! :wave:

That's wayyy better than I'll ever build!

This is a godsend for you scanner folks out there!

Ash

It really, really burns me when ever I see crap like this. As an LPF member, you should feel fortunate to have access to the deals that you have access to.. but to expect the whole world to price things according to what we see here is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
Got it. I do feel fortunate to have found this site and to have access to all this fantastic information and resources.
But, I know that these diodes are inexpensive right now, and I just feel like the cost of these lab modules is a bit high compared to the production costs involved. Then again, they want $1750 for a 60mW 405nm labby, so (comparatively) the price of ~$900 for 1W of 447nm seems very reasonable.
EF. Please don't get upset. It's just an opinion, and it's not worth it to stress about. :eek:

Got it. I do feel fortunate to have found this site and to have access to all this fantastic information and resources.
But, I know that these diodes are inexpensive right now, and I just feel like the cost of these lab modules is a bit high compared to the production costs involved. Then again, they want $1750 for a 60mW 405nm labby, so (comparatively) the price of ~$900 for 1W of 447nm seems very reasonable.
EF. Please don't get upset. It's just an opinion, and it's not worth it to stress about. :eek:

Sorry Ash, you just bore the brunt of my frustration that's long been simmering. I've seen MANY of these kinds of posts in the time I've been here. It's not just your post, I feel I should be very clear about that as I don't mean anything personal towards any one person by saying it.

Last edited:

rathat

I find it interesting how closely priced they are for the range of power they come in.

Wow! Those look really nice, and not a bad price for a professional Labby.