Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40mw 594nm yellow pen BEAMSHOTS...

CNI still ships 593.5nm labbies >20mw to the USA.

The only question is do you have $X,XXX to spend? :whistle:

The other option if you want a handheld would be to have a reshipping company in China send it to you.

Labbies are way out of my budget. I would guess. 20mW 593.5 lab laser would run over a couple thousand dollars.
Brucemir got the luck of the Irish last year sweeping up the PGL 20mW 593.5 before sunrise in the east coast USA. early bird catches the worm. Not only is that an incredibly rare item to find used they can no longer shop to the US over 5mW.
But since Bruce got it we all get to enjoy it through his photography.

diachi

The other option if you want a handheld would be to have a reshipping company in China send it to you.

Or have it shipped to someone in Canada for "testing" first. :D;)

Haha! CNI might also be able to sell you a 20mW 593.5 module. It'd be cheaper then a labby, but still darn expensive :p

-Alex

Gabe

I checked a while ago, CNI and a lot of their resellers won't even sell bare modules. However, I spoke to Gray and they agreed to sell a few bare 473 100mW modules to me/us. Ask nicely and he might :)

Beautiful laser, must be an honor to own one! I have a question, what is the pump diode and doubling crystal? Is this summed Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4 OR something else? Just curious, I like knowing the lasing mediums and I just couldn't find out from searching what these are. Thanks for answering if you know. :beer:

Beautiful laser, must be an honor to own one! I have a question, what is the pump diode and doubling crystal? Is this summed Nd:YAG or Nd:YVO4 OR something else? Just curious, I like knowing the lasing mediums and I just couldn't find out from searching what these are. Thanks for answering if you know. :beer:

It's the 1064nm and 1342nm lines of Nd:YVO4 summed. The pump is a regular old 808nm diode. I'd assume the SHG crystal is KTP just because of how brutally efficient it is at doubling the 1064nm line.

It's the 1064nm and 1342nm lines of Nd:YVO4 summed. The pump is a regular old 808nm diode. I'd assume the SHG crystal is KTP just because of how brutally efficient it is at doubling the 1064nm line.

Thank you, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was KTP or not.

Yes, Canada is now on the "do not ship to" list. CNI will still ship modules to the USA as of a month ago when I asked about the 589nm 80mW module but they jacked the price way up. The module now costs almost the same as the built PGL-III-C.

Gabe

Yes, Canada is now on the "do not ship to" list. CNI will still ship modules to the USA as of a month ago when I asked about the 589nm 80mW module but they jacked the price way up. The module now costs almost the same as the built PGL-III-C.

Really, they'll sell bare modules to you? I asked a Canadian reseller for bare modules above 5mW and they told me CNI said nah. IIRC, they always had the prices like that for bare modules, about the same as a full completed laser with that module. Can't remember the reason though.
EDIT: son of a diddly you're close to 1000 posts

Last edited:
I asked about the 589nm modules and got a similar answer. They had no qualms about selling them to me. I didn't mention in any way, shape or form though that I was planning to retrofit it into a pointer though, so in their eyes I was probably a 'legit' buyer. Once I confirmed that they're willing to sell them, I dropped the issue though as I found out Dragon Lasers still has pointers in stock.

Very nice. I do imagine that'd need some very short duty cycles though, as even cool that would be very stressful on the pump at that power without any cooling and pretty much no heat sink....imagine the battery life is pretty poor too.

Probably on the order of $3-8 grand depending on the beam quality...never mind an SLM or something special... :eek:

joeyss

593.5 is the last Wl I need for my collection. It's a pricey one that's for sure. I really want something above 20mw but no companies will ship here. Pisses me off to no end.

I do have a 100mW 473 dpss that is hands down the best blue you can get. It makes my 445 look like UV. Just can't say enough good things about 473. Anyone looking to buy one should really consider JetLasers. 100mW for under 400$ is amazing.
I dunno I have a cni 3mw 561 and 589 spatan is 593.5 any different looking?

other wise it's just like buying a 589 twice ( I got mine as a gift for my 21st.)

unless I get lucky and find a Hene on ebay cheap won't be a true 593.5 tho.

I dunno I have a cni 3mw 561 and 589 spatan is 593.5 any different looking?

other wise it's just like buying a 589 twice ( I got mine as a gift for my 21st.)

unless I get lucky and find a Hene on ebay cheap won't be a true 593.5 tho.

There is a noticeable difference between all 3.

True yellow is ~575nm IIRC, so 561 is a greenish yellow and 589 is an orangish yellow. Technically, 593.5 is not even yellow, it's classified as orange. Though I'd say it's more of an amber than an orange.

Gabe

Ooh, that explains it, resellers asked what it was for and I said not for lab use.... damn