Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

IgorT

Re: 405nm AR glass lenses - fit AixiZ  FEELER

The warning i gave some pages ago still stands. If you want to be able to use the custom lens for sure, do not use DX modules. Use AixiZ!

DX recently switched the manufacturer (again) and in the new modules, the threads in the head do not extend down very deep. They do not allow you to screw the lens nut in very far.

To get a thinner beam, the FL has to be short. And with a short FL, the lens has to be close to the diode.
The only way to overcome this would be lens nuts that would have  a smooth outer surface with a diameter slightly lower at the bottom, to be able to get in past the point where the threads stop..

In other words, it would require custom lens nuts, or it would require you to very carefully strip the threads off the bottom part of the lens nut, and grind it smooth..

Milos

Igor, great work as always !!
when things are ready, i will be in for 4

cheers

ArRaY

IgorT said:
The warning i gave some pages ago still stands. If you want to be able to use the custom lens for sure, do not use DX modules. Use AixiZ!

DX recently switched the manufacturer (again) and in the new modules, the threads in the head do not extend down very deep. They do not allow you to screw the lens nut in very far.

To get a thinner beam, the FL has to be short. And with a short FL, the lens has to be close to the diode.
The only way to overcome this would be lens nuts that would have  a smooth outer surface with a diameter slightly lower at the bottom, to be able to get in past the point where the threads stop..

In other words, it would require custom lens nuts, or it would require you to very carefully strip the threads off the bottom part of the lens nut, and grind it smooth..

Damn! I already finished my Sonar II build with a dx module... And I was so happy about the thinner beam, as the thick vilolet beam was kinda a turn off... But I love to hear that you finally got the results that you were hoping for...

ArRaY

When everything's ready to go, can you start a new thread?

Thin RED ??? I need that for my RGB. When are they available??

Mike

I'm gonna need a 'thin red' lens too. That is assuming it makes a dot and not that weird pattern.

So when do you plan on taking payments?

jayrob

IgorT said:
I have a red laser with a beam almost as thin as that of a green! :eek:

Please mark me down for two of these to start with Igor...

How is the power comparison with the AixiZ acrylic?

Jay

You know what Igort,
Put me down for 1 405nm (again)  :D
I may want a red lens, but that won't be until a few weeks (if you are still selling these)

Scog

Good to hear things are almost ready. [highlight]Please post pictures of nice thin red/blu beams![/highlight]

treb76

So which lens is getting released first? the broadband or the 405nm coated one?

Danjoo

if its not to late, iwant 1 for 405 and 2 with the multicoating.

THX

1 Blu-Ray and 1 Multi/Red, please.

Although, I think another thread to get a better list of those who are in/out and how many they want might be a good idea. I imagine a lot of people from early in this thread may not even remember this or keep up with it, or may not even visit the forums much any more.

Maybe an accurate count without all the extra discussion to wade through to find the "I want..." posts would be worth it?