Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"400mW" PGL-III-C Updated Re-Review (new Photo & Video)

Original post updated with NEW Power Test: 796mW peak... Almost 800mW.
Sorry for the short video, I had to run and grab the camera once I saw the output start to climb... by the time I got back the output was settling already... This was at the end of a 2 min power test. The laser stayed at 730mW -760mW for a full ~20 seconds, then climbed to almost 800mW!
This is the highest peak I've gotten on camera. As stated above, the highest peak I've witnessed is 816mW.
Video:
YouTube - 500mW Green Laser Output Test

kinda hard to read the meter, but still awesome none the less. Also, it came stock at this power right? You aren't over driving it are you?

kinda hard to read the meter, but still awesome none the less. Also, it came stock at this power right? You aren't over driving it are you?

Yeah I know, I hate youtube :( It always makes my videos look like crap.

Nope. There's no way I would over-drive a several hundred dollar laser!

Yeah I know, I hate youtube :( It always makes my videos look like crap.

Nope. There's no way I would over-drive a several hundred dollar laser!

ok good to hear. I'm still saving up for one, not sure how long it will take though :(

The problem is not the laser.. it's the duty cycle on the vid.. darn it youtube.

:yabbem:

NICE my PGL III 300mW did a peak of 532mW but then it and FIVE others failed... I've about had it with F*** CNI.

I don't care if someone has a 1W laser, that number is the GREATEST number for a green laser. now you just need a green that AVERAGES 532mW, a blu ray that averages 405mW, and a red that averages 650mW lol.

cmak

:bumpit:

holy mother of... :drool::drool:
the flash paper tests and the white tipped match-light really added to the "holy-S#%!" factor

peace & thanks
-cmak

:bumpit:

holy mother of... :drool::drool:
the flash paper tests and the white tipped match-light really added to the "holy-S#%!" factor

peace & thanks
-cmak

Ha! Thanks... Old review though.

I just updated the original post with a more recent video with the beam expander in case you haven't seen it.
;)