Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3A Super Pyroload Driver Test Load

BAHAHAH don't want anyone stealing his super secret mysterious ICs now does he? =P Not a pretty idea to remove the labels... risk damaging the n channel power mosfets in the process.

However, why so many fets? 1 Fet can drive 3A easily with proper heat sinking. Also, why fets in series? if your driving high current and you want to reduce the power across each fet, parallel would be the way to go? ... not sure, maybe they are in parallel. Hard to see from this picture.

Thanks for the review though, looks nice!

Those'd be TO220 rectifier diodes. They lack the third pin on the package. Besides, a pair of FETs would handle it easily, and they'd be in parallel too.

Also, yes, the risk for internal damage is there. Those cuts look awfully deep.

Benm

I think the plastic is fairly thick, the actual diode is a flat structure mounted on the rear metal plate by an insulating layer. I wonder what the need would be to obfuscate the serial numbers on those diodes though... If you wanted to copy the design there are plenty of case-isolated TO220/isowatt diodes to choose from.

The only reason to remove the numbers on the diodes is to make you guys ask, why did you remove the numbers on them diodes :crackup:

BAHAHAH don't want anyone stealing his super secret mysterious ICs now does he? =P Not a pretty idea to remove the labels... risk damaging the n channel power mosfets in the process.

However, why so many fets? 1 Fet can drive 3A easily with proper heat sinking. Also, why fets in series? if your driving high current and you want to reduce the power across each fet, parallel would be the way to go? ... not sure, maybe they are in parallel. Hard to see from this picture.

Thanks for the review though, looks nice!

Those'd be TO220 rectifier diodes. They lack the third pin on the package. Besides, a pair of FETs would handle it easily, and they'd be in parallel too.

Also, yes, the risk for internal damage is there. Those cuts look awfully deep.

I think the plastic is fairly thick, the actual diode is a flat structure mounted on the rear metal plate by an insulating layer. I wonder what the need would be to obfuscate the serial numbers on those diodes though... If you wanted to copy the design there are plenty of case-isolated TO220/isowatt diodes to choose from.

LaZeRz

haha, Sh*t, thats smoking hot, but it still works (quoted from video for those who are wondering)

Nice review and nice pictures as always

+1 since I owed you :D

Btw Jeff, the link in post #6 is the link to this exact page, you might want to fix that ;)

Last edited:
Fixed thanks for pointing that out :)

haha, Sh*t, thats smoking hot, but it still works (quoted from video for those who are wondering)

Nice review and nice pictures as always

+1 since I owed you :D

Btw Jeff, the link in post #6 is the link to this exact page, you might want to fix that ;)