Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"300mW" Greenie-$155

Thanks guys..... ;)

Don't forget... the eBay LaserBee I + Thermopile comes without the Data
Logging feature...
You can have the Data Logging feature and a Data Logging Interface Cable
and PC Interface Software on CD included for an additional $29.99 added to
the final auction price...

You can get more info on the LaserBee I here..... :cool:

http://www.bauer-electron.com/eby/eby1wlpm.htm

Jerry

Thanks for the ideas, everyone - I like the looks of the LaserBee and will probably end up going that route, I like the idea of a thermopile instead of an optical so I can test all our colored lasers quickly... Probably have to go with the deluxe though as I really don't have time to build a decent enclosure and I cant see myself dealing with all the wires, dangling battery and bare PCB up on our trussing at a show ;-)

As to Customs, I have really never had any trouble with them being as i always order business to business, don't know how much that helps but (knock on wood) with many shipments of lasers from Switzerland, China, etc over the last year or so (about 13 I believe) EMS from China seems to be fast and reliable, at least for me ...

I'll start a new thread in the "Reviews" forum as soon as I get the project all together (I'm pretty sure if I order the Laserbee tomorrow AM I should have all the stuff here in my hands by the end of the week and can start testing and playing around early next) - I'll leave a note here with the link when it's up.

Thanks again, everyone!

hey brew city.. i'm falldownnow in the focalprice forum!!! but i'll change my name in focalprice forum!! when you have the 300mw laser could you make a review. the green colourated semms to not be shipped by focalprice. they ship the black version that SHENDA sells. try to visit the shenda site. if proicudes also the 500mw stronger laser sold at vfocalprice.. but a moderator told me that a lot of manifacturer sell lasers tith the same shell cases. so i think the moderator says ..( it is a fake... bho..)

cric8r

my laser fell to 169mw this morning after i left it on for 23 mins for further testing. Its not going past 200mw now!!!(highest so far now is 189mw) Yikes unstable laser. This means that either focal price or the manufacturer pot modded this laser to make it seem like 300mw. The end of this laser is near!  :mad:
Before this it was putting out an average of 250mw.(for about 1 week).

cricer... what means the end of this laser is near? ...a potmodded laser has a lower power output every weeks.... until it die?... pot mod a laser what means?excuse me for my bad english. i think pot mod is BREAK the limitator of the electricity..so the dioce can work at his NATIVE power... but the life of the diode is reduced... and maybe the power decrease more and more...until for example.. it stop around 100mw your laser. i think in the right way?

iewed

Cric8r, why would you leave it on for 23 minutes?

Be sure that the batteries are fresh, and the laser has cooled off before you start another test.

Danjoo

You mean its 300mw again and the 300mw deal for 155usd is still ok?

Tnx

Daniel

Hi Realista - yeah, I saw your posts in the forums at FocalPrice too! So to update the progress on this grand experiment, I found a friend of a friend with acess to an LPM at the UW-Whitewater campus so the testing of these will no longer be an issue (although I'm still planning on picking up a LaserBee very soon) - NOW all I have to do is wait, wait, WAIT - Focalprice still shows my order as "processing" and i haven't gotten a response from them regarding the actual ship date as of yet!

Thank GOD I also ordered a bunch of the 50mW from LED Shoppe to sell at the shows - at least (based on experience) I'll have those in-hand in a timely fashion!

Keep watchin the posts - as soon as I get them, the specs will follow!

OKAY - I got a response from Mary at FocalPrice, it was as follows:

Dear sir,
The 12QGR27Q hasnot ship. Cause the LP035G just out of stock, but we
already ask purchaser to get it.

So, it will shipped when LP035G in stock.
If you cannot wait any longer, we can also partial ship first.

Pls advice.

Sincerely,
Mary

So it looks like I'm going to wait for a day or two and see what happens, I messaged her to ask if the 500mW green was in stock so I figure if it is, come Friday I'll just see if I can PayPal the difference in price and have her ship that one to test now (there's a lot of buzz regarding that model here in the forum too so what the heck) - I always can then test the 300mW down the road, right?

The order shipped last night - WOO HOO! If EMS stays true to the schedule I've experienced in the past, I should have the lasers in hand by Wed or Thurs (I've already set up a tentative test date of Thurs night to throw 'em at the LPM, so I should be posting the reviews Fri AM) ...

I'm planning on moving my test results to the "Reviews" forum, though, so check there for the info and pics, etc!

Got a pink slip saying the laser arrived, I'll be testing it as soon as I go get it :D

Very nice! Was wondering what was taking so long. Keep us posted. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

you better be in your car on the way to the post office as I type this...!! ;D

Hmm, a dude who received it says it is the skylasers 100mW kind, that isn't good :O