Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.8mm Kryton Groove with Aluminum Tail Switch Button

Well done, sir. You can expect two more coming your way from me. They should be here before the weekend, and then straight to you.

How much extra for the tail switch cap??

We are still tweaking the cap. They are a bit of a pain to get the right dimensions, but if we can get one that is good, we'll likely do a group buy for them to keep the price down. I'd like to get a GB price of ~$3, but I think it'd end up being $5. The copper press fit, is $7 for the first, $5 for each subsequent.

IsaacT

And now I must send all my moneys to you sir. If I buy a Kryton and send it to you, can I pay to have the anodizing removed, head drilled out and 3.8mm module pressed in and aluminum tail clicky mod?

How much would that cost?

Thanks,
Isaac

Do you want all anodizing removed or just on the contact areas? The tail clicky mod we are still talking over. Doing one-offs would be time consuming, and would cause the price to be run up closer to $10+. We are hoping to do a GB for them and get them down to a more reasonable price.

IsaacT

I suppose just on contact areas? But if you would also tell me the price of having it all removed and getting a polish job(probably exorbitant but i'd still like to know).

It's actually going to be less to remove all of the anodization v.s. some. (Although I bet my dad would love more chances to play with the new rotary tool he got) This is because we do a dipping process to remove the anodization. The groove is a fairy simple host, and does not have much texture, so polishing I'd say would be $20. I'd say around $5 for the anodization removal. I don't remember how much time he spends with that as I know he has to clean up the parts and whatnot.

The price offers are also open to anyone else that wants similar work done.

IsaacT

Wow, so 25 dollars to get all of the anodization removed and have it polished? That is a sweet deal!