Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W SAIK SA-305 26650 Host W/Massive Mohrenberg Heatsink

DTR

You had mentioned that you could combine 2 flexdrives running 1.2A for 2.4A. I am sure you know the limits of the 445 but I always throw that out there as much as I can for the newer members so they don't think they can drive it that high.;)

Battery sounds interesting is it a square battery or cylindrical? What is the fully charged voltage?

I keep the boxes for storage. Most of them are filled with scraps and different whatnot. Like battery holders, bags of flashlighst parts, packing materials, hosts that were not worth doing anything and a lot of miscellaneous crap.;)

Storage box? lol, thats the evidence! :D
about the dual drivers.. what is the maximum current they don't overheat when not heatsinked at all?

LaZeRz

Hmmm hopefully he did ^
i just may be thinking of one of these...............Heh

Love your builds man, how is the clicky on that saik btw?
smooth?

isnt there another way to solder your wire......

3 amps is a pretty huge output for your poor battery...........

Anyway Nice, i will rep you again as soon as i can!

jakeGT

I built one of these also, and got 1.75W out of it with a regular aixiz 445 glass lens :beer: it's an awesome build, and extremely easy if you follow jordans method.

The clicky is very smooth, and very awesome. This is actually one of my favorite hosts of all time!

DTR

Hmmm hopefully he did ^
i just may be thinking of one of these...............Heh

Love your builds man, how is the clicky on that saik btw?
smooth?

isnt there another way to solder your wire......

3 amps is a pretty huge output for your poor battery...........

Anyway Nice, i will rep you again as soon as i can!

The clicky is good. It is not the highest quality but for a $15 host it is pretty damn good.

3A is not much as the 26650 has a 10A continuous discharge rating.;)

I got a couple of these from Moh today they are awesome. The 32600 batt is perfect for them.

Why don't you just send the battery (-) of the driver to the case pin of the diode as usual?

DTR

I got a couple of these from Moh today they are awesome. The 32600 batt is perfect for them.

Why don't you just send the battery (-) of the driver to the case pin of the diode as usual?

They are awesome.:beer:

I think you mean the 26650 from what I remember the 32650 will not fit in this host.

It is just the way I did this one.:p

They are awesome.:beer:

I think you mean the 26650 from what I remember the 32650 will not fit in this host.

It is just the way I did this one.:p

No, not the 26650... not the 32650... the 32600 :p

And yea after taking it apart... i see it is definately easier to just do it the way you did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DTR

DTR

Hey great find. The 32600's which those look like they might be the ones from Best offer buy must be a tad smaller in width than the 32650's I have been getting from FeiLong.:beer:

Hey great find. The 32600's which those look like they might be the ones from Best offer buy must be a tad smaller in width than the 32650's I have been getting from FeiLong.:beer:

Yea, they are from Kaidomain

DTR

Yea, they are from Kaidomain

Hmm I guess I am going off their picture which has the blue wrapping. Nice find never the less. I have a few on the way and that seems like a good option for this host. It seems to be a perfect fit.;)

Hmm I guess I am going off their picture which has the blue wrapping. Nice find never the less. I have a few on the way and that seems like a good option for this host. It seems to be a perfect fit.;)

Yea the picture threw me off at first too when I got them. BUt i am happy with them

Nice! I've had one of these awesome hosts sitting on my desk for over a month. Need the funds to get the second driver for it. I have a 20mw 635 diode mocking me for a good month too.

CDDZ

The clicky is good. It is not the highest quality but for a $15 host it is pretty damn good.

3A is not much as the 26650 has a 10A continuous discharge rating.;)

Actually it's discharge rating is 10C which = 40Amps

hello nice to meet you! I wanted to know how do I set up to 900mA flexdrives. I can see some pictures? I'm doing lostesso your project. you're great!