Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W Arctic G2 with 3 Modes Custom Driver :D

Hey All,

So i Purchased a Broken G2 off a Friend after i could not find him a Replacement stock original driver. He said he will just buy another with part of the money i bought his broken one for which was $65.:wave:

The Diode was also toast so thats why i got the Host for so Cheap.:)

Anyway I did a Complete rebuild on the laser with my own custom Up 2A Driver with 3 Modes.:)

Driver is Set to 1.75A and the laser runs off 2x 16340.:)

Here is the video of the beast:

Video:

My custom Driver 405nm/445nm only not my red driver. Personal use ONLY.!!!

:thanks: For Looking.:)

Last edited:

Hey Guys I Lost a Bunch of Post and Even my New Phlatlight Thread.:eek:

Iam going to re post that thread tonight.

So here are some Of the Videos that i had posted in this thread that got lost.

Showing the Beam With Fog and all the Modes.
<<<<< HD Please.:D

My Red Phlatlight & 2W Arctic together.
<<<<< HD Please.:D

Morgan

^ You are not the only one Helios ! ;)

Pray tell...

That's quite an efficient diode to be getting 2W from 1.75A isn't it? Or am I just getting that wrong?

M
:)

Last edited:

jayrob

Yeah that is definitely a high efficiency diode like the ones that you see DTR hand picking for his builds...

Nice job on the mod!

I guess the only draw back is the low capacity of the supply, but you could always put a V5 driver maxed at 1.5 Amps, and use an 18650 if you wanted. That would still be plenty of output...

Helios

Personally if a laser can last 10 minutes on a charge thats enough for me. The only time I really ever get my lasers out is to shine them up at the sky while others let out their "ooh...ahh" and then put them away haha.

It is an Efficient diode but not the best one Ive got or have.;) Ive got one right now that does 2.2W at 1.8A with a G1. I also Had another one that did close to 2.3W and the phone rang and i reached over to grab it and i seen that the lanyard on the host was Caught on something that as on my lap and down it went. Killed the diode.:( Only if you new how upset i was and still am. It was the best diode i have ever gotten ever.

My diodes are usually hand Picked.:cool:

Iam glad you like the build. Its a very Nice laser now. "Beat that Wicked":crackup:

A little on the Driver.

Name Of My Driver is: X-Drive V6
Its a Buck.
Pot adjustable and can be set for different ranges. Right now its at 100mA - 2A "2000mA"
Can go up to 2.3A MAX
Anything under 1.8A does not need heatsink. At 1.81A and up it should be heatsink by placing a small Piece of aluminum over the IC.
Efficiency- only drops ~ 30mA at 1.8A over a 5 minute ON time.

:thanks:

Last edited:
Nice work. Me likes. :D

Thanks. I love the Modes on this laser over the ones with the Original Arctic G2 Smartswitch Modes.

This has memory so the last time you shut it off in that specific mode when you go to turn it back on it will go to that mode.:)

My Favorite mode though in this build believe it or not is the Medium/low pulsed Mode.:wave: With Fog in the room you can move the laser back and forth really quickly and you can see multiple beams.:D I cant get enough of it.

I also have a 3 mode 420mW red Laser that i posted in this thread.:D
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/3-mode-420mw-red-laser-d-64946.html

Same features.:)

Iam working on other Wavelengths now with Modes. So stay tuned for that.:)

Last edited:
^^^ There are Quit a few of you that want My X Drive. :cool:

I might sell some. Dont know yet.;)

Nope Not yet, because iam still unsure what i plain on doing.

But i did get the rest of my boards in.:wave:

682_3954.jpg