Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 470nm+ C6 20mm Overdrive Special

Same way as the 12mm modules just using a 20mm sleeve with the same press tool. Have some here.:)
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diode-modules/20mm-copper-modules

Looks like this uses the same press for the 9mm diodes as the one for the 12mm modules. I already have two of these and would only need the sleeve. I don't see an option for just the sleeve, though. When I buy a copper module, would you be willing to sell just the sleeve with it? Thanks, Jordan.

DTR

Looks like this uses the same press for the 9mm diodes as the one for the 12mm modules. I already have two of these and would only need the sleeve. I don't see an option for just the sleeve, though. When I buy a copper module, would you be willing to sell just the sleeve with it? Thanks, Jordan.

Yea I can do that. Shoot me a message.:beer:

Encap

Nice work DTR! Great tutorial and pictures----easy assembly

Very cost effective and long duty cycle 470nm laser--who would have guessed it could be done for $154.98

You mentioned "so far I have not found a limit to the duty cycle"
What's the longest runtime so far?

Last edited:
My favorite diode, you have to purchase it to see the difference :topic:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Garoq

Good job Jordan! The only thing I would change is that your photos show the S4 host, not the C6, although the adapter will work for both.

Also, I usually solder the battery contact board to the brass ring in two spots before pressing into the pill.

So as I have time and opportunity I will look at designing an adapter for our stainless host and possibly the S4X. Maybe 25mm adapters too. :)

My favorite diode, you have to purchase it to see the difference :topic:

While I agree that viewing it in person will let you see a difference no picture can fully describe, this gives a darn close approximation of what this actually looked like in person. The camera captured the colors nearly perfectly in this shot... at least it appears that way on the camera's screen, my phone's screen and my monitors.

I have the 7675 running at 2.9 amps. I saw no dimming when running at that current even after several minutes. Switching to either 2.7A or 2.8A after 5 minutes @ 2.9A still resulted in less output so it seems it isn't hitting foldback at 2.9. I have the 35mm copper puck clamped halfway between two mounts for additional cooling and it still does get warm after a few minutes, once I have it in a case it will need fan cooling and a heatsink bolted to the mount.

This shot is the NDB7675 @ 2.9A next to an M462 @ 1.85A. The M462 which used to appear sky blue suddenly appears to have a purple hue and look more like a 445 when the 7675 is turned on. The 7675 looks absolutely cyan running at this current, I have no idea what it would spectro at but I'd love to find out since it looks like it may be 480nm or above.

Attachments

• M462 and NDB7675 2.9A 1 crop1.jpg
    M462 and NDB7675 2.9A 1 crop1.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 176
  • NDB7675 CopperAlum crop.jpg
    NDB7675 CopperAlum crop.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Dear Jordan that is a beautiful laser and the price point make it affordable. I love the intense sky blue beam. That is one build, I may very well do down the road when I get my finances in order. :worthy:

Very well written and intriguing (love the color). Just curious, but do you know the weight of the laser with batteries?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Jordan(DRT) around lately? I ordered several modules and a driver about a week ago, but haven't heard a thing about them. I sent him a PM and then an email, but no response. I didn't find anything on his site about him being out of town, so I'm wondering what to try next. Anyone?

Garoq

I received a diode from him last week and placed another order a few days ago but haven't heard anything since.

Status says his last activity was today so I expect he is ok, most likely he is just very busy, no rush on the lenses I still have some on hand.

Last edited: