Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2W 445 DTR Frankenstein Ultrafire RL-2088 Handheld Host

Jez006

I believe Jayrob has one of these kits available and there are some new features that make it easier to build. No more driver surgery.:D All you would need is a diode to complete his kit.;)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-rl-2088-frankenstein-kit-flexmodp3-66330.html

Check my webstore for diodes and lenses.:beer:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home

Thanks mate..can't wait. Just out of interest why is a diode not included in the kit he sells?

Btw a friend has a few old projectors lying around...how can i determine whether any of the diodes are suitable for a laser build?

Last edited:

DTR

Thanks mate..can't wait. Just out of interest why is a diode not included in the kit he sells?

Btw a friend has a few old projectors lying around...how can i determine whether any of the diodes are suitable for a laser build?

Jay just sells kits to keep his sales legit.;)

There is only one line of projectors on the market that use lasers as a light source and they are only a little over a year old. If you have old projectors they are probably using a different light source.

Last edited:
I see very high fabrication and design skills in this project "Frankenstein", what I find amazing is that the fabricator and designer are so transparent; in most other forums I've visited/joined it's like pulling teeth getting this much detail in assembly and parts. Kudos to you guys in keeping it real!!! You guys ROCK!!

DTR

Thanks brother. I really enjoyed this build. I just wish I had more time to work my pending review/tutorials.:beer:

jayrob

WTB: RL-2088 Reflectors

I'm hoping to find a couple RL-2088 reflectors that some you may have in mint condition with no scratches on the reflector surface...

I found that I can use that size reflector in a cool flashlight mod, and would like to get a couple extra.

Some of you have the Frankenstine build, and may have a reflector that you can sell me! :)

Please send me a PM... :thanks:

IsaacT

I have never been that big on big hosts, always thought it was kind of silly to make such an elegant beam of light be in a clunky host....

BUT THIS BIG HOST IS SEXYYYY!!!! I have seen this thread a couple of times but I never realized just how big this thing is without compromising aesthetics.

For me aesthetics are key....but being able to show off looks AND insane runtimes? I wouldn't 'a thunk it.

Isaac

Wow, I remember this thread when it first was started....

Is T_J really banned or is that a joke.

Old Thread.

I have never been that big on big hosts, always thought it was kind of silly to make such an elegant beam of light be in a clunky host....

BUT THIS BIG HOST IS SEXYYYY!!!! I have seen this thread a couple of times but I never realized just how big this thing is without compromising aesthetics.

For me aesthetics are key....but being able to show off looks AND insane runtimes? I wouldn't 'a thunk it.

Isaac

The whole huge host thing is simply a way to hide a massive sink also to retain longer run times through bigger cell storage.

I like the large host myself for many reasons. I like the little host for different reasons.

In the end there all good:wave:

Let's not contaminate this thread with the whole TM thing, he reaped what he sowed, end of story. Welcome back BTW. ;)