Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

26$ Coherent Diode Bar

May or may not be a deal..
COHERENT LASER DIODE POWER BAR (See Photos) - eBay (item 390247168193 end time Oct-08-10 11:18:10 PDT)

No wavelength or power listed, or a good pic of the die. but it is listed as being made buy coherent.

I think this seller has sold used diode bars in the past and some people had problems with DOA's, but thay where good about returns IIRC.

For only 26$ buck's (or 27.85$ dam CA tax) I had to get me one.
I fully expect there to be dead emitters in the die, but the seller seems adamant about no DOA.

So use cation on this one lol, just seamed like a possible deal worth posting.

Odd, usually the sellers know more about their products. I'm guessing 808 eh?

Im assuming thay are pulled from a larger device that was scraped so wavelength and power are unkown..

It would be pure luck if it was 808nm, Im gessing it will be a higher nm.

Good for learning or burning paper :rolleyes:

HIMNL9

As usual ..... "shipping to USA only" ..... :p

..... you damn USA guys are too lucky, you know ? ..... :mad:

(just kidding :p :crackup:)

ped

Im sure if you paypal one of the upstanding members on here, they'd be willing to make the purchase and ship it to you?

HIMNL9

Im sure if you paypal one of the upstanding members on here, they'd be willing to make the purchase and ship it to you?

LOL, i know ..... i was just ranting against "damn sellers that don't sell good items outside USA" class ..... :p :D

we wont be very lucky once the value of the dollar goes to crap from all money we owe to china and other countries :yabbem:

I got an FAP800 25 watt 808 module just over a year ago. It looks like ~ 40% of the diodes are trashed out but when focused ...... SMOKE .... It needs ~20 Amps to drive it but still fun. It lights up a Green crystal stack and smokes wood when focused.
I have a 12 watt module which seems to have all the diodes working which is fun too. Be sure to have a low voltage High current supply since these run at near 2 volts.
HMike

I was thinking a lm350 or two that I had got at the begining of the 445 craze, just to test its threshold and see how many dies there are and how many work.

For a full time power supply, Im not shure. I was thinking maybe finaly making myself learn how to build a mosfet circuit, but im not to shure if those are PWM or linear.
I might just hunt down a built regulator and use a cheep china switching power supply. Or use a bunch of lm350's in paralel :evil:

HIMNL9

Mosfet current drivers are linear regulators ..... you can use the circuit in my album (changing the values for the current you need), if you want to build one .....

Just remember that, as in any linear driver, all the energy not used is dissipated in heat ..... less difference there is between the power supply and the LD required voltage, and less heat the driver produces .....

we wont be very lucky once the value of the dollar goes to crap from all money we owe to china and other countries :yabbem:

Nah, China will never cash in, especially since they already buy US debt at a loss. What they get back is an artificially cheap exports, and "stability" through continued growth. US debt ensures that China doesn't have another revolution, or bloody put-down.

And besides, it's the dollar's position as the international reserve currency--backed by oil--that keeps it strong and reliable even above the Euro. We'll start another war if a non-sanctioned oil-producing country attempts to move off the dollar for oil trade. It's the cheaper alternative. Also expect clandestine financial "attacks" to dilute the Euro's trustworthiness if it ever manages sufficient clout in the world markets.

^ Agreed! China would find the U.S. to be competing with it's export market share if the value of the dollar was low enough to make U.S. goods more attractive. And it would spur growth in the U.S. manufacturing sector. :)

Mosfet current drivers are linear regulators ..... you can use the circuit in my album (changing the values for the current you need), if you want to build one .....

Just remember that, as in any linear driver, all the energy not used is dissipated in heat ..... less difference there is between the power supply and the LD required voltage, and less heat the driver produces .....

Why thank you sir :beer: I will probly use your circuit diagram to start. Ive been meaning to TEC my cpu and vid cards and do water cooling. Useing mosfet's with a thermal resistor typ build to power the TEC's.
But obviously ive got some reading ahead of me, before I build anything.

Thanks again that diagram will give me a good start :)