Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

24awg silicone wire

Pman

K, tried to search but keep coming up with arguments over who has the best wire. All I want to know is which forum member has the 24awg in stock in the US ready to mail before I just buy from Amazon or Ebay.
Thanks

Pman

That sounds like a decent price. How long do they take to ship? Any discount code (yeah I know it's cheap but still)?

Don't worry about it. Just ordered Priority mail 2 day as it was cheap enough and I would like it by Saturday. 30 or so feet of each is lots of wire for what we do with it. Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know of any discount code. I have purchased from them more than once and they shipped quick, I think I got it in 4 or 5 days, but they are in California, I see you are in NY so I don't know, I would think you should have it in a week or less, I think they ship in 48 hours or less from the time of order.

Alan

Pman

You probably won't notice as I edited the above but I went ahead and paid for 2 day priority as 10 meters of each is lots of wire for what we use it for and I should get it by Saturday. Thanks

Yeah I know, I got red and black and I feel like I have a lifetime supply now.

Alan

djQUAN

I'm currently in LA right now and would need silicone wire too. Thanks for the link

What else do you think are good to order from them? To save on shipping and waiting :)

I'm currently in LA right now and would need silicone wire too. Thanks for the link

What else do you think are good to order from them? To save on shipping and waiting :)

They are a good place to buy batteries. They also sell the Radiant LPM once the new one comes out. They sell a couple of drivers but have been out of stock for awhile. If you need any Arctic silver thermal adhesive they sell that too. I also bought one of my 3 battery chargers from them, they have a good selection of those.

Alan

djQUAN

I already have a bunch of chargers and an ophir LPM so no need for those.

I did buy some more #20 wires, 18350, 10440 IMR cells, a bunch of 3400 pannys and some new 18650 shrink wraps for my damaged (wrapper only) cells. :)

I have samples coming from a US company that I'm pretty sure Moh bought from back in the day. If it turns out to be good I was going to organize a GB (since I think its something like $.15 a foot). They have a wide variety of gauges, so said GB could potentially include 24/22/20 etc AWG as well (im in need of some thicker wire myself).

USAbro

K, tried to search but keep coming up with arguments over who has the best wire. All I want to know is which forum member has the 24awg in stock in the US ready to mail before I just buy from Amazon or Ebay.
Thanks
Haha I have 4 2000' roles of copper 24awg wire but i don't sell it.

Pman

Just so you guys know, I ordered 1 of each of those wires for a total of $10 on Wednesday the 18th 12:40 PM their time, paid for 2 day priority shipping $7.50, haven't received a shipping confirmation and they still show in processing on their site. Tried to call them as they are open until 5 today and that means it would be 3:30 right now and they tell you to open a ticket if no-one answers. The ticket says they get days to respond.
There's a beep after this message which I have to assume means that you are leaving a message as it didn't hang up so I left the message about the order and said that if my wire doesn't show up tomorrow I expect my shipping $ back. In my book if you offer 2 day shipping that doesn't mean it will get to you in 2 days after they feel like packaging the order many days later.
They certainly have a couple hours to call me but I certainly don't expect them too.
Is it really some kind of emergency that I get it by tomorrow? No. Do I hold people accountable to what they say? Absolutely. I may be a really nice guy but business is business.
Hope you all understand this. I'll report on what happens. In NO way does this reflect anything bad upon Pi for making the recommendation. Not his fault and that wire is a good deal.

What do you know, just got an email that they just shipped it. Number doesn't show up at USPS yet of course. Sent this message back:

"Does not even show up in USPS system yet so of course I will NOT be receiving this tomorrow. Why would you possibly think it’s acceptable to ship a 2 day priority mail package 2 days after the order was placed. People don’t pay for 2 day shipping to receive the item 5 days later. If you had personally placed this order you would not be satisfied with the service either."

Sorry if this bothers some of you but I just don't see how this is acceptable. I may be a bit more ornery today as I passed another kidney stone this morning and now I'm feeling like I'm getting sick. Been a rough day for me.

Here's the reply I just got back. Why not just reach through the phone and slap me while you're at it:

"Your email (#6042) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Please note that replies can take 1-3 business days, though we try to email back in a timely manner."

Will report on how this is handled. Don't know if this is normal practice for them to take so long when a customer pays for faster shipping or not. Maybe I'm wrong but I am pretty certain they offered one day shipping as well.

Last edited:
Wow. The products a company sells can be the best possible, but if support and even something as simple as SHIPPING are poor it makes them look bad. Kinda like the amazon order I placed several weeks ago (very small order); paid 5$ for shipping, and they waited a whole WEEK before even shipping it out, and then it was the cheapest, slowest shipping there was. Pretty crappy.

I got my wire samples in the mail from the aforementioned company, and I am pretty sure its identical to the wire FP/DTR use/sell. Waiting on a price list so I can get together a GB...Then no one will have to worry about crap like this for a while.

csshih

Hi Pman,

I'll post my response to your email here:
I'm sorry for the delay in response. We're unfortunately having staff problems and are unable to ship out as fast as we'd like.

From our shipping policy:

All orders are shipped out from the San Jose, California region. Orders will normally be processed and shipped out within 1-2 business days. Shipping estimates are provided by the service carrier and may not ultimately reflect actual shipping speeds. Shipping estimates do not include processing time.

We're waiting until after our website upgrade so we can revise the shipping wording. USPS does not guarantee shipping and they recently changed their systems so that it will say "1-2-3 day shipping(depending on location)", even when it's not.

We're just a 2 man company at this point, and we're unable to process orders as quickly as Amazon, unfortunately.

My phone doesn't report and missed calls, but if I probably was answering another one at that point.

Last edited:

Pman

Sure makes me wonder if they offer 1 day shipping do they still make you wait a couple days before shipping it? Regardless of whether their shipping information says 1-2 days for processing you can't have stuff on the back burner with every regular order when you are paying so much for the faster shipping. No excuse for it in my book. They are certainly most welcome to post here if they want to try and justify it but I don't see where there's anywhere to go with it.
Like I said, I'll report how this goes. Messed up not being able to get a hold of a live person when it's normal business hours. There's just a beep after the message and you don't even know if you're leaving a message or not.
Balls in their court. No matter how you look at this I should at least get my 2 day shipping $ back. Hate to see them black listed here if they have a good product at a good price. Whether I purchase or recommend them to anyone depends on their attitude.

On a side note:
Tired of dealing with sellers claiming they have shipped something when all they did was print a label and it sits for days before either being picked up or finally brought to the post office. Shipped to a buyer means shipped. It means no longer in your possession and being processed outside of your home or place of business.
I wouldn't say these things if I didn't adhere to what is right and honorable myself and most of you know that by now. You can tell a lot about a seller by whether they are apologetic or ignore you. The worst is the constant blaming of others for their issues.
Man I feel really crappy. got to go back to using my phone in bed under the heating blanket.

Let me know what you have when you're ready crazyman;)

The post from csshih came in while I was writing this post.

Dealing with this while I'm sick is just making it worse. Has nothing to do with Amazon. You need to find a way to put priority paid orders to the head of the line though. Look at it from the consumers viewpoint.

Last edited: