Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2010 Pro Series - Elite From Wicked Lasers

jayrob

2010 Pro Series - Evolution Pro From Wicked Lasers

This is yet another review of the new line of lasers from Wicked Lasers...

This new model is called the Evolution Pro. Per Wicked Lasers, it is FDA compliant with accession number, making it legal for resale in the USA.
Here's the document that was shown to me: http://www.wickedlasers.com/images/fda/0910213.pdf

I am not going to talk about price, in fact, I don't even think the price has been released on this new line yet.

What I would like to talk about, are the features and functionality of this beautiful laser.

First, I would just like to mention that my first high powered laser purchase quite a while back, was a Nexus from Wicked Lasers. And I will also mention that I abused that laser, taking it camping and using it a lot. And not staying to a 1 minute duty cycle. But when I got a nice quality Coherent power meter, I was happy to find out that it was over powered and settles at 100mW's. It was marked as 95mW's from WL...

I still have that Nexus! And it is still the same power.

I am just as happy with my initial testing of this new 2010 Pro Series Laser! The Evolution Pro!

Elite.jpg

It arrived in a nice large box, packed well. Inside was another nice box that is a case for the laser...

Elite1.jpg

Elite2.jpg

Elite3.jpg

Elite4.jpg

Elite5.jpg

Elite6.jpg

(Beam shot - with smoke)
Elite7.jpg

I started with a 1 minute test for power. It has a very stable power of over 150mW's for the entire minute. That's why I marked it at 150mW's with my sticker. It peaked at 175mW's, settled at 155mW's. It was still over 150mW's after the 1 minute test run.

Then, even though (out of habit), I do not normally run any of my lasers over 1 minute or so, I tested this unit for 2 minutes. Because of how stable the first test was...

I was pleasantly surprised to see my meter stay very stable, staying around 162mW's, and staying over 150mW's for the entire 2 minutes!

Match light:
Tested it at 3' with a black tipped match. It lit in less than 2 seconds.

Some of the things that stand out to me about this unique laser:

* Beautiful design - Pocket clip, hand grips, glass aperture/dust cover.
* Nice supply capacity - 2 X AA batteries will give a good supply.
* Very stable power - Also, a very tight beam. And the divergence is just as good or better than any other green laser that I have ever owned. (visually - I did not do any measuring)
* The glass aperture/dust cover does not cause any noticeable reflection with the beam and dot, even in the dark. I am guessing that it is probably AR coated for 532nm.
* It gives the option of using primary batteries, or rechargeable. For rechargeable, I recommend Sanyo eneloop...

All things considered... The features and design of this unique build, make it a great laser! Good size and power, stable, good battery capacity, thin beamed match burner!

I hope it lasts like my Nexus has! I have no reason to doubt that it will indeed last! :)

I can only imagine how awesome the new Class 4, 500mW, 2010 Pro Series Spyder III Hand Held Laser with TEC would be! Incredible!
Jay

Last edited:

Nice review Jay I'm a noob on reviews but after seeing all the vet reviews around here i am starting to get a bit better -Kens rocked too

jayrob

:thanks:

It is a unique design! It's like a beefier, tricked out Leadlight, but that is really an under statement...

I just made that comparison because of the battery supply.

Nice stable power for this size!

Very happy with it! :D
Jay

I abused that laser, taking it camping and using it a lot.
Jay, that's not abuse..

Now putting it next to one of you'r 405's and taking a few beam shots.. Now that's true WL laser abuse. :scared:

Good review jay too bad im on the low end of funds.

jayrob

For sure I will let you know if I get a 2010 Pro Series 500mW Spyder III! That's a dream laser!

Class 4 hand held with TEC! Amazing!!!

I would love to make a review for that one!
Jay

Last edited:
Did WL give you this item to review and post?

or did you buy this item yourself then review it?

jayrob

They offered a few members some lasers from their new line, to review and keep...

That said, this did not affect my review of the laser. They were looking for honest, non-biased reviews of their new product line.

Which they obviously have a lot of confidence in! :)
Jay

Well , if you were to give it a negative (overpriced) review, compared to O-like, rayfoss, etc..

do you think the price difference is justified.. ?

olike = 150.00

WL = 697.00

??

come on he gave an honest review as did I if it faults or breaks we will post it
as Jay said prices aren't final yet but it is performing as the data sheet says
are these hand picked one of a kind units I hope not is my unit performing to specs as of one day YES

jayrob

Well , if you were to give it a negative (overpriced) review, compared to O-like, rayfoss, etc..

do you think the price difference is justified.. ?

olike = 150.00

WL = 697.00

??

That's a fair question, but I can only go from the experience that I have had...

I understand that getting power for cheap is great! I have several cheap greenies!

But I have also lost several cheap greenies that died on me with very little use...

I have only owned one laser form Wicked Lasers. It was my first high powered green laser. A Nexus.

I still have the Nexus, it has been used much more that the cheap ones that died on me.

That is my experience thus far, and I would honestly tell you if it was any different.

I have not had a cheap green laser give me the impression that I got from the stability and power of my first tests on this new laser shown here in this review...

Would I still buy cheap green modules? Yes!

Have I spent big money on higher quality lasers? Yes!
Jay

Last edited:
come on he gave an honest review as did I if it faults or breaks we will post it
as Jay said prices aren't final yet but it is performing as the data sheet says
are these hand picked one of a kind units I hope not is my unit performing to specs as of one day YES

i think i have the right to ask the questions i did as a possible consumer of the products.

and because i would be purchasing directly from the manufacturer(distributor), i think its

important that i ask this of a reviewer..

thanks..

Thanks Jay for your honest review.. im glad you were chosen to perform the review because of your candid thoughts

If its any help to you in future reviews of their products, it was one of the best reviews ive read and may influence the outcome of my next purchase.

jayrob

Good to hear, thanks for mentioning that!

They asked for an honest review, and that's what I tried to give...
Jay

D

Deleted member 8382

I still don't understand. All the people who recived those free lasers are amazed by it's "incredible" power it's good divergence and the amazing design.

Come on, it's a NORMAL laser (150mW, 1.5 mrad) being sold at 4x it's price.

Before we complained because they were selling underpowered and overpriced lasers, it's ok, this just proofs they aren't underpowered anymore, but come on, the main problem on WL has always been the price.

What game does WL play? They colapse the google searches, youtube, they ban people who complain on their forums, etc, all to make people who doesn't know much on this think they are the better option and then abusing the price a lot.

Now many people escaped of their plan because LPF was telling people to avoid them, and so they come and give away some 150mW lasers to colapse the reviews board with thier name and their awesomeness so the first noob come here and then think he must buy there.

Honestly, get the prices down or just shut up, sorry If I am agresive but I am honestly angry with this.

They also tried to put a banner here and we all donated to remove it, now you guys are making the banner for them, and a bigger one -.-

Yours,
Albert