Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW of green for $125 shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elektrofreak, I was wondering what the ambient temp is where your running this laser. I'm interested in getting one but I live in Florida where it is usually in the 90's and dpss modules tend to be unstable. Of course I keep the temp in my house in the mid 70's but that doesn't leave much breathing room. I know the module is TE-cooled but I’m wondering how well.

Lasersbee, I'm anxious to see what the output of yours will be, please post back once you can, thanks!

I definitely will R_I... it seems they shipped it out yesterday...
so another 10-14 days...

Jerry

Elektrofreak, I was wondering what the ambient temp is where your running this laser. I'm interested in getting one but I live in Florida where it is usually in the 90's and dpss modules tend to be unstable. Of course I keep the temp in my house in the mid 70's but that doesn't leave much breathing room. I know the module is TE-cooled but I’m wondering how well.

Lasersbee, I'm anxious to see what the output of yours will be, please post back once you can, thanks!

Since these are TEC cooled, as long as you place it on a heatsink (thick metal plate, CPU heatsink) you should be good to run it at any ambient temp. The manual suggests not to run it more than 4 hours in hot environments, but the stability should be unaffected since the TEC keeps the diode at a constant temperature regardless of ambient temp. The problem with hot temperatures is that as the difference in temperature on each side of the TEC gets bigger, the TEC drive circuit needs to provide more and more power, eventually overloading and failing which can cause damage to the laser quickly in a hot environment.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I appreciate the info. I guess I'll be patient and wait to see the output of Lasersbee's before I take the plunge. Thanks again!

I just received my 150mW Green TEC cooled Laser...

It averages 354mW... It maxed at 361mW... I checked it
on 3 different LPMs...

Jerry

WOW Jerry! That's even more powerful than mine was before filtering. I'd be interested in seeing how yours does with an IR filter on it..

I'll try it tomorrow with an IR Filter and post back here...

I did notice that the divergence as received was a bit high..
I'll try and find time to test that more accurately as well...:cool:

Jerry

Benm

Looks like a pretty good product to me!

I wonder how much of the output is actually green, if its in the 300 mW range, it sure seems like a very good deal, but even at the specified 150 mW its very reasonable.

@ ElektroFreak Thanks, I'm amazed I got it in only 4 days and it's awesome! :)

Four days wow, I ordered mine on the first and I'm still waiting. Do you have an LPM to test the output of yours?
Do I have a LPM??? Uhhh well yes I do :)
We ran it for 2 hours and got 358.3 avg and a peak of 371.4 Located in FL too, but it's 72F in the shop.

It's amazing the thing got through because it is clearly labeled in large letters on one side of the box exactly what it is and it's power; the declarations papers same thing, don't know how it made it through. I wonder about the 500mW one, it must be 1W.

Do I have a LPM??? Uhhh well yes I do :)
We ran it for 2 hours and got 358.3 avg and a peak of 371.4 Located in FL too, but it's 72F in the shop.

It's amazing the thing got through because it is clearly labeled in large letters on one side of the box exactly what it is and it's power; the declarations papers same thing, don't know how it made it through. I wonder about the 500mW one, it must be 1W.
Hi Joe,
I tried calling you a few times last night, but your phone line must have had some wierd problems. Did you happen to get the stability on this over the 2 hour period?

Jack it looked really good, I'm very surprised with this; I haven't dug up my IR filter yet, but I would imagine it will knock the readings for sure. The seller says the 150mW+ is based on 532nm, what we are reading of-course on a Thermopile sense is the sum of all wavelengths.

Not sure about the phone line, call my cell instead then.