Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

>200mW High Powered Green Laser Comparison

In my experience I have found that The <200mW 532nm lasers (non c-mount) are best ran at around 125mW which is a perfect output for their size, heat sinking capabilities, power supply and for the most part limited safety features. The closer they get to 200mW the shorter their lifetime becomes, the more likely they are to slip into mode hopping, etc....I will only be reviewing lasers that are built to handle >200mW. I am interested in adding the Yotang 500mW to this review though.

First post updated. 2 Reviews in, 3 to go. The o-like is here but not the tail cap. O-like review will be next to follow. very soon. Rayfoss is till on the way back and the CNI ETA is undetermined.

Oh yeah Quadruple Post!!!! I have decided to return the FocalPrice laser for a refund. I have had it with them and I don't want them to have my money. First they screw up my other order by sending the wrong product and now they send me this piece of crap that is no better than one of their $40 "200mW" pen lasers. Unfortunately this means that it will not be a part of the comparison photos. I think it is clear though that know body anywhere should ever buy this laser.

Nice pics, that Opto is sexy! What is that meter called, I've seen it before I just don't know the name of it. +1 for spending a hell of a lot on high powered greenies!

you should do the olike ir filtered 250. the one that is supposedly way overspec all the time

I contemplated that one over the bargain zone 400mW o-like and decided to go with the 400mW un-filtered because there is not a lot of information on that one. I am happy with it. It is doing 300mW+ of green light. I will review this unit when I get the official tail cap for it.

Man, you shelled out! That sucks about the FocalPrice one, let's hope that there aren't any more let downs.

Well the rayfoss pooped out in seconds. That was a little bit of a downer, but I have complete faith that their replacement will make up for it.

That RPL is the sexy. Is that the one you got of B/S/T? And is there another 350mW RPL on the way?

That RPL is the sexy. Is that the one you got of B/S/T? And is there another 350mW RPL on the way?

Yeah that is the one and no there is not another on the way. This bad boy is enough.
As for the meter it is a Coherent laser check AKA pocket meter.

Yeah that is the one and no there is not another on the way. This bad boy is enough.
As for the meter it is a Coherent laser check AKA pocket meter.

Ok because it looked like you listed the price for the 350mW RPL like you had already ordered it already. It wouldn't really make sense to have two of the same model anyway. Yea that's a nice little meter. I REALLY want to see the results of the CNI 400mW.

Hey Luke, are you testing ALL these lasers with an IR filter & again without one ? Just curious ????...................rob

Back