Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

<200mW Green keychain laser from FocalPrice.com

Hey All,

This is a Review of my <200mW FocalPirce.com KeyChain >>Here<<. :D

It coast "$31.44" and for the price i got alot more then what i paid for IMO.

It comes with a 10440 rechargeable battery witch is garbage. After 1 charge it does not hold a charge. Witch i expected it to do this so i used my own Ultrafire 10440 Battery.:)

The laser goes straight up to "115mW" (Look at LPM Video at the end) and hold steady there. There is no warm up period for this laser. But it does get warm quickly. My unit starts to get warm around 1 minute and around 1 minute 30 second is the cut off were it get pretty
warm if not Hot so i would stay around the 1 minute mark if you decide to get this laser, then leave it for a cool period of 2 minutes. The Green Laser stays in TEM00 all the time.:)

The Laser feels nice in your hand and comes with a keychain to put on your keys. The threading is believe it or not pretty good
and i have no worries of cross threading them. The Momentary switch or clicky switch is nice and firm and does not rattle. The silver cap
is a thick piece of metal, not like the classic New wish style lasers. Witch is good for i guess more heatsink/transfer. So over all i feel its
well made for the Price you pay.

The beam is very visible at night and in a medium to fully lite room. It is slightly visible during the day indoors but you really have
to look hard for it. The beam is solid at night and will make anyones mouth drop:drool:that has never seen a laser beam before.:whistle:

That brings me to the divergence at 2.0 mRad.:mad: The laser seems to be focused for burning because the beam is so thin withing a couple feet of the cap. That bring me to burning things.
I can cut thin plastic and light a match with this laser or pop a balloon. But only within a few feet Max.

So this is a Pretty good buy even tho the divergence is not that great. for $32 bucks i can not complain.

This laser is very bright Please Use the proper eye protection.:cool:

OK HERE THE PICTURES: (Did not have a long exposer camera available but will post an update when i get it back from a friend.)

678_0416.jpg

Pretty small laser. But packs a punch.:D
678_0421.jpg

We new it would be less then 200mW.
678_0417.jpg

It has a keychain hook for clipping it on and off faster and a Ring for a more "Permanent" use.
678_0423.jpg

The laser needs to be disassembled in order to fit in the case properly. Just remove the tail cap.:D
678_0428.jpg

The empty case.
678_0425.jpg

678_0467.jpg

678_0468.jpg

678_0478.jpg

I will update with better beam shots for you All.:D

Beam Shot video on a clear night.

LPM Reading.

:thanks: For Looking....

Last edited:

iFoSh

Nice review! I've got one of these coming in the mail this week! +1:beer:

Thanks. For the money you cant go wrong just wished it had better divergence.:cool:

Nice review! I've got one of these coming in the mail Next Week!

Last edited:
Any updates on this baby? I am close to ordering one.

how long do you think it will run on a 10440? Not continuously since it would heat up too fast, but total run time? I would hope for 20 minutes.

could you see how much IR it have ?
Im curious about the 10440 too, tell us more about it.

thanks for your attention.

ped

Both of the ones i got from FP died. Not worth the $ to send them back.

hum , sry for hear that ...
i was happy to find a smal green whith that power for a low cost, but 2 of 2 dead isnt good ...
Thank you, ped, for your advice.
Any idea for a substitute ? (low cost, small, green, good power)

but almost anything in that chinese sites you had to count whith lucky to get at least 1 good item

For me, shipping is turning out to be $40 with tracking. So depending how much it is for ped... easier to just let these go.

holy crap, there must be a cheaper way. How to the chinese site sell stuff so cheap? I bought something on DX for 99 cents....

Pretty sure sites like DX print fake stamps or something along those lines. I've ordered things for 59 cents.

Not sure how they ship the more expensive stuff. O-Like says their airmail shipping is $8 with tracking.... express is $22. Really don't know how they get those prices.

anything in dx had the same shiping cost $0,01
they send by sea ... thats why take so long and in consequense had a inexpensive cost
and they just send when they got a full ship

Last edited:
anything in dx had the same shiping cost $0,01
they send by sea ... thats why take so long and in consequense had a inexpensive cost
and they just send when they got a full ship

send by sea? dude you don't know what your talking about. The reason it takes so long it because they take forever to process your order and send it out. Hong Kong post is way faster than China Post . I buy mostly from kaidomain.com and manafont.com now, they ship most stuff the day after i order it

These are pretty cool little lasers. 200mW when translated from Chinese means 140mW, which is still pretty cool for the money. I have two already, and ordered three more today. But check this out. Of one of the ones I have, I was messing with the lens and scratched it all up. So, I managed to get an Aixiz in there (plastic!) and it boosted it up to 170mW. I had to keep adjusting it till I got the beam decent. I can't put the original front end back on, but I really like it's performance now!!

@LowandSlowFlyer, you are absolutely right about Focalprice shipping. They tell you it takes 3 days to prepare it. I guess they have to buy it from kaidomain or manafont and it takes that long to jog over there and back. Once about a month before xmas, (my first purchase), I paid $12 extra bux to get it quickly! Sometime in February, I submitted a PayPal claim to get my money back. After about a week later, the lasers arrived and I canceled the claim. POINT being, DO NOT pay extra to get it faster. They ripped me on that deal for the shipping. And the whole town of China closes down for the first 10 days of February..........................(I know it's not a town, but they all seem to be in cahoots).