Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 weeks in the US! Need some advices ;)

Not so much something to try, but something to avoid: If you like chocolate, you'll be disappointed. Everybody I know from Europe that has visited the US has remarked on how bad chocolate is here. Most (though not all) chocolate made in the US is pretty terrible; thus why I only buy chocolate made in Belgium.
Yep-we have all these nasty fake chocolate products here in the US, I stay well away from things like Hershey's kisses, generic hot chocolate powder, etc. Also, our milk chocolate is worse than our dark chocolate (is there such thing as good milk chocolate?). The only US based brand I buy is ghiradelli, otherwise I go for imported. The best hot chocolate in the world is from a cafe across from the louvre called "angelina", I don't really like any other hot chocolate after having it :p I'm not sure if there's any way to order it online, I always just had someone bring it stateside if I knew someone who was visiting paris.
So in short:stay away from american candy (unless it's junior mints or reeses peanut butter products):na:

Chinese food is what you want. No other place makes it like the US. Its completely different than 'real' Chinese food. Its salty, sweet, savory, sticky goodness. Get the PuPu platter (has most of the appetisers), some fried rice, and scallion pancakes. For drinks you want a Mai Tai, Zombie, or Scorpion bowl if you have 2-4 people. I often order a Scorpion bowl, and one straw. For desert get the deep fried ice cream.

BTW Washington DC at night is not a nice place. So stick to cabs at night, and walk in the day.

You should try some coffee milk if they have it in N.Y and i would also try some seafood the east coast has some of the best there is to offer. I would stop by the empire state building and definitely the downtown shops.

NO FKING WAY THE BBQ(barbeque) IS AUSTRALIAN!!!!!

No, the BBQ is a tradition of Australia, but did not originate from Australia at all!

Most sources claim that something resembling the “classic” barbecue originated in North Carolina near the end of the seventeenth century, Australia was only colonised in 1788 :D

NO FKING WAY THE BBQ(barbeque) IS AUSTRALIAN!!!!!

bbq is most definitely american. and i am not saying australian bbq isn't good, just saying that it is one thing america really can take credit for LoL.

michael

TTerbo

Meh .......australian can use a BBQ better :p............and Bobhaha maybe the native australians invented the barbeque :thinking:

US barbeque > Australian barbeque.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I give you Exhibit A:

Meh .......australian can use a BBQ better :p............and Bobhaha maybe the native australians invented the barbeque :thinking:

"Barbeque" is a food, not a tool. You don't "use a barbeque", you eat barbeque, which may or may not have been prepared on a grill.

and the first commercial home use bbq grill was invented by a guy that worked at a company that made ocean bouys.... can you guess which brand..... Weber!!!

michael

LOL. That's like a motor company making dishwashers (oh wait-practically every company in japan :thinking:)

Be sure to eat at a fast food chain called "Boston Market". They are fairly common out East. I would recommend it to a fellow LPF member! :beer:

Visit Missouri! Methamphetamine capital of the USA

Last edited:
Here is a map, stay out of the red.
attachment-RO7DIV-1.jpg