Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.6 watt 532nm beam shots

diachi

Beautiful beams you got there. Pretty amazing how good the divergence of a high power 532 can be, especially with a TEM00 unit. Should makes it appear far brighter than an equivalent 520. Very interested in seeing it next to your dual 520. Also great to have an unlimited duty cycle. My 1w 520 can only be on for 30 seconds or so.

Damn son, been months since you posted. Where've you been?

Damn son, been months since you posted. Where've you been?

It sure has. Haven't gone anywhere, Just lost the passion I had. I have built a 1 watt 635nm since then and not posted, but you've all seen one of those before. Pretty impressive to me though. I'm excited to see we've got some new blue diodes out.

BobMc

Beautiful beams you got there. Pretty amazing how good the divergence of a high power 532 can be, especially with a TEM00 unit. Should makes it appear far brighter than an equivalent 520. Very interested in seeing it next to your dual 520. Also great to have an unlimited duty cycle. My 1w 520 can only be on for 30 seconds or so.

Thanks Greenlasers, am planning on doing a comparison with my dual 520 when I get a chance. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Congrats on your new 635 build. :)

Man..
That is one heck of a sick looking beam!!
:drool:
You should definitely get a inverter and took that green monster into desert and take some beamshots!!

BobMc

Man..
That is one heck of a sick looking beam!!
:drool:
You should definitely get a inverter and took that green monster into desert and take some beamshots!!

Things just might work out that way. Things might be working out where I might be moving farther out in the desert. And if so, Beam Shots !!!! over Death Valley. :)

Last edited:
Alex (Mariomaster) got one of his Halfnotes working at SELEM this year. controlling the TEC and crystal temps with an arduino.

It was doing 3.5 watts

Those amounts of power are crazy bright.

BobMc

Alex (Mariomaster) got one of his Halfnotes working at SELEM this year. controlling the TEC and crystal temps with an arduino.

It was doing 3.5 watts

Those amounts of power are crazy bright.

Ooooch, 3.5 watts, any chance you got a beam shot or two? :drool:

Yes, very noticeable in the bright day light. Still very impressive. :D

I bet it is.
My 1.3W spot is easily seen (not beam), your's would be like a beacon.

cool12.gif

Last edited:

BobMc

I bet it is.
My 1.3W spot is easily seen (not beam), your's would be like a beacon.

cool12.gif

Still love to see some beam pics. Your pictures are always so sharp. I still work on it. :tinfoil:

At the moment I'm working on some 532 2.6, 520 2.8 (dual) and a 520 1watt beam pics. Got some day time pics also. Hopefully will be posting them in a hr or so.:wave:

Ooooch, 3.5 watts, any chance you got a beam shot or two? :drool:

I didn't, Alex got several but he's not on here much anymore, but maybe someone else from SELEM did.

He was set up in the gallery so lots of people saw it.

My little 520 is over 1 watt, but that halfnote was awesome. :drool:

Just don't know what I would do with it. Too big to lug around and very picky about temps and regulation.

Very cool though.

That's a nice beam, I suspect your camera has multiple lenses or a glass lens cover that is producing that diffraction grating looking effect as the super bright spot is reflecting between the lenses or lens and glass cover, yes they are likely AR coated for the VIS but it's just so bright, and concentrated.

BobMc

I didn't, Alex got several but he's not on here much anymore, but maybe someone else from SELEM did.

He was set up in the gallery so lots of people saw it.

My little 520 is over 1 watt, but that halfnote was awesome. :drool:

Just don't know what I would do with it. Too big to lug around and very picky about temps and regulation.

Very cool though.

Well it would be great if he read this, I'd :drool: big time over a 3.5 watt 532. My heart starting to beat faster just thinking about it. :)

My 2.6w lab isn't all that large. It two parts, both could fit in a shoe box (or close). Alaskan mentioned about getting inverter and getting some beam shots with it in the desert. It sounded like a winning idea so hopefully in my next couple of home times. I'll get the chance. :)

That's a nice beam, I suspect your camera has multiple lenses or a glass lens cover that is producing that diffraction grating looking effect as the super bright spot is reflecting between the lenses or lens and glass cover, yes they are likely AR coated for the VIS but it's just so bright, and concentrated.

I can't say what caused it?

Like it though. :)

I used a Canon Rebel t6 with a ef-s 18-55mm lens.

ISO, (I think it was) 3200,
Fstop- f16
Exposure time 30 seconds.

I was thinking it was because of such a long exposure time? But I'm new to the camera thing, so I'm just learning. :thinking:

Last edited: