Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2.2W Blue/Violet Repair help

CJ208

Yesterday I bought a hand made laser off of my friend. Its 2.2 watts and has a focasable beam. He bought it from a guy who makes them on another forum. Yesterday when I was using it I over tightened the focus to the point where it started turning the heatsink (which I did not notice at the time). Eventually the laser just stopped working so then I decided to take it apart and that is when i discovered that one of the wires that were coming from the driver housing had snapped of the diode. The first thing I thought was "Let me go get my soldering iron!" after I got it and began the repair one of the wires that went into the driver housing snapped off and I had no way to get inside the little housing because it seems to be sealed off some how and it only has two tiny holes for the wires to come out. I contacted the man who made the laser and im waiting further instrctions. If he decided to tell me its not his problem can I just buy the parts online and replace them myself? and if all else fails is there anyone I can ship my laser to that can repair it for me?

Also after im finished repairing the laser i plan to secure the heatsink by either adding a set screw or two, or glueing it in with a thermally conductive epoxy.

Last edited:

See what original builder will say. Fair chance you killed the diode, possibly the driver.

You may also want to post a thread in the B/S/T section (buy, sell, trade) that you need to have a laser repaired, there are plenty of folks on here who can do it.

Give it a little time though.

Also, where are you located? It could save you in shipping/time to work with a person geographically close by.

CJ208

I know i didnt fry the diode because when the i conected everything up before the second wire broke it worked fine. Also i am located in New Jersey Down by Philadelphia

CJ208

im going to try and post some pictures of it soon

DId you feel that earthquake too?

Last edited:
Earthquake:undecided::eek:

Last time I felt an earthquake was a few years ago, 2008 I think? They were pretty common where I grew up though.

CJ208

there was one here about 25minutes ago and im on the third floor of an office building

DTR

I can help if you want to send it out. Shoot me a PM.;)

Hey dude, any way that your friend would know the name of the guy who sold it to em? Kinda interested and looking for a blue 2 watt as well.

CJ208

Nah man he got scammed width a crap. Laser your bet is to build one with parts from jayrob and ctr or buy one from yobresal they are all well respected members of the forum and know what they are. Talking about if they say its 2.2 they will show you an lpm to prove it

I heard there was a earthquake in guantamala yesterday ( mexico ) buit it was not a big 1 )

but how do you get 2.2 w out of a 445 diode ?

No shit bro, Right on dude! I respect the craftsmanship from yobresal and wouldn't mind doing business with em again. Thanks for the look out dude!

rhd

He didnt, that builder on hack forums is a scammer and was banned over here... Id never buy anything from him, and you would be retarded to trust anything he says...

You've got some very exciting looking flame throwers ;) If I wasn't in Canada, and had a use for them, I would be all over that. Green fire? :)

EDIT: Sorry for the side-track. But this thread had already jumped the shark.

Last edited:

rhd

PL :)

That "ebay finds" thread is a ton of fun to subscribe to.