Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W handheld $170 - 445nm diode $20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Boost regulators only cause instability if it's a bad regulator design and/or improperly heatsinked. The fact that you went to a dual battery configuration points to you going with a linear regulator.. Which there's nothing wrong with, and explains your 6V minimum since you'd have to maintain diode Vf + about 1.2V to maintail full output. Which with a 1W 445 driven at a sane current, would be around 5.7V.

I know manufacturing in China is a fairly cutthroat industry, but it just seems to me that a RP protection diode would have been best to have been part of the regulator design in the first place, especially on something battery powered.

I ordered on the first. Here is the tracking info from my paypal tranny. Does not seem to be working with any courier.
Carrier:
Airborne Express
Order Status:
Shipped (Sep 9, 2010)

Hey Jleff, any insight as to why I was provided a faulty tracking number and whether or not my order has actually shipped. My name is Luke Petrakis and I placed an order on the 1st via paypal. Please let me know what's going on.

Here is what I´ve got yesterday after my review question about a week ago

The mail was in my SPAM-container. I won´t consider it cause I think they want to scam as much people as possible before they run away :undecided:

It always seems fishy to me when someone uses a "Hotmail" account. That's the basic throw away email account most scammers use, though certainly not limited to just hotmail it does seem to be the most common.

BarCode: 8630427766 From: ShaoXing To OtherCity

Date/Time Event Description
Sep 12, 2010 Arrived at Losangeles/US
Sep 12, 2010 Departure from LA Hub to Losangeles
Sep 12, 2010 Arrived at LA Hub/US
Sep 11, 2010 Arrived at Huadong Hub/CN
Sep 11, 2010 Departure from Huadong Hub to LA Hub
Sep 10, 2010 Departure from Shaoxing to Huadong Hub
Sep 10, 2010 Checked in at Shaoxing/CN

AAE:Home

Well, im stumped...I put two brand new cr123a's in it and it will not turn on. Not a good start.

Was the battery polarity correct? They previously warned about lack of reverse polarity protection.

I followed their instructions of putting the positive end's in first/towards the spring. Im not sure what else to do.

Here are some pictures of everything it came with.
photostream

photostream

Edit: photos dont seem to be working

ped

Come on dont leave us all hanging! :)

upload pics to here and copy and past the
color]

Status
Not open for further replies.