Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1st laser build, need a little help :)

Never bothers me to paste in a few lines from notepad.

Sorry if my helping is offensive.

Sorry if my helping is offensive.

No...not at all. You're taking me wrong. Just giving you the reasons why we get mad at some questions. There are always 2 sides to every story. If you have the patience then all the power to you.

Helping others makes me feel good inside.

I will admit, I am no laser pro, never professed to be.

So really the only contribution I have to offer is greeting the noobs and steering them in the right direction, and answering the simple questions they commonly ask.

Some laser DPSS modules have pre focusing lenses between the 808 LD and the crystals. Others seem to use a pump with FAC installed. Overall, the process of producing 532 nM green is the same.

HMike

I will admit, I am no laser pro, never professed to be.

So really the only contribution I have to offer is greeting the noobs and steering them in the right direction, and answering the simple questions they commonly ask.

Well said Wayne---Welcome BOB808 from Romania

Me too, but answering redundant questions day in and day out gets kind of old. Thats why the stickies and FAQ were created.

Keep up the good work Wayne. Like I said, all the power to you. You're a better man than me in this respect.

I have children, 4 of them, so patience and diplomacy are a must....

My kids ask the same questions over and over, I'm quite used to it. ;)

I was just thinking that, you read my mind. I have no kids. :eg:

Great minds think alike.

Or is it like minds think great.

Just tonight Samantha (14) asked me how many feet were in a yard, I said 3.

Then she asked me how many yards are in a mile, I said 1760...

The very next question.... You got it how many feet in a mile.

I said 1760 multiplied by three, she immediately sad NO it isn't!

She wanted me to do the frigging math, I said NO, you will fail your test if you don't know how to multiply 1760 by three.

Then I blew her mind and asked how many miles in a light year.... Surely she should have known.

Last edited:
I wouldnt consider TJ a great mind...

he has what 2 lasers? never built one in his life and trying to run LPF with his "im bad" attitude!?!?!

prove me wront TJ ,please.

bob808

woooow!!! :))) thank you very much guys!!! I didn't read all the posts but I will get to it in a minute. I didn't expect that much help to be honest. But you are all great. Thank you for the info :)

bob808

nice to meet you all. hope i'll have a great run with you guys. I just started reading Sam's guide. Seems it has all the info compiled there for what I need to know at the beginning :)
I think I won't buy anything right now, I better start reading and after I'll decide what's best for me. Right now I'm gonna play with the laser from my wireless mouse. It has a build-in laser pointer for presentations :cool:

he has what 2 lasers? never built one in his life and trying to run LPF with his "im bad" attitude!?!?!

I'm sure he has put one together by now, maybe he is saving for a 12x...
something that is as tuff as his tude.:san:

Now who is the troll LMAO?

I have 3 pointers, a half built laser lighter, lumia wheel, yellow build, LOC labby, multiple modules, an IR security system, and about 5 other projects. Just because I dont brag about my lasers doesnt mean I dont have them. Why the hell do you think I'm here?

BTW I am bad in real life and here, and not a phony like most other people. This is the last time I will waste my time answering your pointless questions.