Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1969 Corvette or new motorcycle?

1969 Corvette, new motorcycle or Vette and cheap used bike?

• Get the Vette!

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • 2 wheel rule!

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Go for both

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I've always wanted an older Vette. That though has been in my head for a long time. Something prior to the mid 70s preferably. Now I never really look unless I get a sudden urge. Well, I saw one sitting at a corner a couple weeks ago. It looks like a 69 from what I can tell. The motor is a 390HP 427 hooked up to a manual transmission. It doesn't have power locks or windows. Those would be nice to have but I don't care either way. But it does come with A/C. The interior looks like it has been kept up. It isn't in like new condition. The body is in okay shape. There are some cracks in the paint. I'm not sure if it goes into the fiberglass though. I going to try to contact the seller. The "for sale" sign is gone but the car is still sitting in the same spot.

Here's the problem though. I've been thinking about getting a motorcycle. I can't have both though. Obviously I can't get the car if it has been sold or is no longer for sale. The bike will get better gas mileage. It is also more dangerous. I also refuse the carry a passenger on a bike. Especially another male...

My brain has been going nuts. I want both but I can't afford payments for both right now. Here's another option I've been thinking about. Get the car and find a cheap, $2,000 to 3,000, bike.

For sure the Vette !!! they don't make them any more ! but new moto's come outa the factory every day. and a 69 :D HECK theres no question here!!!!

Peace all

Eku

2000-3000 dollar bike??!??!!?

Are you CRAZY?!
It's a bike what the hell would a 3000 dollar bike have that a 500 dollar bike wouldn't.

2000-3000 dollar bike??!??!!?

Are you CRAZY?!
It's a bike what the hell would a 3000 dollar bike have that a 500 dollar bike wouldn't.

I believe he is referring to a motorcycle

I talked to the seller of the Vette today. He said there was some work done to the motor and esitmates it is putting out about 500HP! He also said he has the original heads and stuff which is a good thing. I'm going to meet him tomorrow for a drive.

Buy both the moto and the vet. <-------
Remember Dr.evil can only do evil, if he has both form's of transportation.

Last edited:
BOTH! However If I had to choose, it would have to be the 'vette. I mean, we're talkin' '69 'vette here. It's not even an option, it's an obligation! :D

Last edited:
If he is selling the Vette for under 15K it has some major issues. The bare block goes for 1-2K. A 500HP version will range 5-10K alone. 400+ HP on a big block is very expensive. Cracks in paint usually mean cracks in the fiberglass. The frame could be rotted too. What you need to do is call some local speed shops and make an appointment to have the car looked at. Do compression checks on the motor, check the cracked fiberglass, see if the frame is twisted, or rotted, ect. You may spend $50+ but it could save you from making a BIG mistake. If the guy does not want to go that route and starts making excuses, just walk away. Remember every part with the word Vette is automatically 3-4 times the cost of a normal repair.

On bikes it depends what you want. Speed, low maintenance, classic style, girl magnet, cheap transportation?

Last edited:
He wants 19,500 for it. Something I forgot to mention is that part of the seal around the drivers side window is gone. The seller also claims the motor has been rebuilt recently and that the frame is in good shape.

I'd listen to Tech, You don't want to get screwed man. 50 dollars is nothing when you're spending that much.

500hp sounds nice. I can barely go up a hill in my 1990 camry, oh well it was free and is in excellent condition :)

He wants 19,500 for it. Something I forgot to mention is that part of the seal around the drivers side window is gone. The seller also claims the motor has been rebuilt recently and that the frame is in good shape.

i could claim i wear a funny hat and call myself the pope but does it mean i am..? :)

listen to tj on this one...

Definitely have it looked at before you get your heart set on it, but keep in mind in this economy, there ARE deals out there (my buddies '68 convertible air car, 390/427, sounds pretty damn similar but only a ragtop) that he picked up for $13k, between the stainless brakes all around and the rebuilt muncie that was recently done, the car came with over $6k worth of reciepts in the last year alone. $13K ... Leaves you enough for a decent early 90's softail or one serious Sporty!

I'm not buying the car. I don't think it's worth what he wants for it. The interior color isn't the original color either. I probably won't be buying the bike either.

Right now I need the money to fix some stuff on my truck. My blue laser is for sale to help cover the cost of the parts.