Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x SO6J 842mW sAik

In an attempt at the elusive 1W 405nm club (thanks for that danefex) I decided to use a sAik as a host to get me there.

Let me start off with the heatsink:
IMAG01652.jpg

I wanted a sink with plenty of density so I crafted one that went deeper and hung out more of the sAik host we here have come to love:wave:

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

I used a microboost that I had recieved from Andrew when Modwerx had his going out biz sale.

I set the Microboost to 647mA using a G-1 lens while I did not hit the 1W barrier I had fun trying I measured it out at 842mW:drool: out of my 4 12x builds this is my fav.;)
IMAG0279.jpg

I was lucky enough to make work just before dawn with a full moon overhead, I'm using my EVO4G phone for pics and they acually came out nice. Thank you for looking have a great day.

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

Last edited:

Really nice, Saiks are fantastic and great idea with the HS! What sort of run time do you get? :beer:

benmwv

Bump it up to 700ma :eg:

Nice build though! I'm sure you get great run times.

Really nice, Saiks are fantastic and great idea with the HS! What sort of run time do you get? :beer:

Well thats tuff to answer, but a guessing #... I don't know a long arsh time with slight heating up it's a billybada**.:beer:

Bump it up to 700ma :eg:

Nice build though! I'm sure you get great run times.

I don't fear turnning it up, but the charts say um?!?! OK I'll turn it up NO must resist:crackup:

sinner

that does look like a 450nm , but seriously you must resist :na:
SAIK's are pretty good choice for builds like this where a hobbyist can use every bit of heatsinking !! :beer:
+1 for sharing !! :thanks:

lol silvershot is just yanking your chain :pop:. Nice build. Crank that sucka up!

Last edited:
you've inspired me. i have a 12x i've been trying to build with a linear driver and the Vf of the linear is high enough it's become a problem. gonna go for it and run a microboost and see what the diode will do - within reason ;-)

gillza

Wow! awesome, I have two Saik 305's on the way, one would be for 445 and one for 405 . And although everyone suggests not to cross 500mA mark, I was thinking of doing at-least 650mA :)

PS added your build to the 12x BR diodes compilation list in the sticky :) maybe we could continue that list again

Last edited:
That is a MASSIVE 405, great job on the build man!! 800mw+ of this wavelength is intense too, I bet you're enjoying the hell out of how that beam looks at night! It's odd that your beamshot pics look as blue as they do but I can tell from the dot in the 1st pic that is definitely 405nm +:beer:

EDIT: it wont let me rep you right now...

norep.jpg

Last edited: