Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x BR DIODES

Burnsy

Hey
I just recently got my 12x made by Dave. Host is a very nice little Pocket chrome mini by Jayrob:D
The diode is from a BDR-205 with a drlava's micro flex.
Current is set to 365mA using a 405 G-1 lens results in an output of 495mW.
I already burnt for about 2hours and I just have to say: it's freakin awesome :evil:
Very good beam and burn quality in such a beautiful lil host so well and solid made

attachment.php

:beer: David

Attachments

• 405n.jpg
    405n.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 382

Nice laser! You should contact Ehgemus about getting a focus adaptor for it. It really makes all the difference in the world.

Exerd

So. Any guesses as to how near we are to seeing 16X?

These puny lasers under a watt are starting to bore me. :tired:

:san:

Burnsy

:eek: 1W of 405 would already be too much for me I think
already with my (almost) half Watt it's smoking instantly if I'm pointing on some wood or dark material I think I'd burn down my house ;)

@ yobresal: Why do you know there's no focus adapter on it? :) and why do you recommend one of Ehgemus and not of Jayrob since the host is from him?

Sorry burnsy I suppose that was a bit of an assumption. The reason I recommend the Ehgemus adaptor is because of it's sleek polished aluminum Look and fit. Don't get me wrong I love Jayrob and his kits, I had one of his focus asaptors on a CR2 laser a long time ago.The focus adaptor by Ehgemus is amazing not to mention it is much less expensive.

Last edited:

daguin

:eek: 1W of 405 would already be too much for me I think
already with my (almost) half Watt it's smoking instantly if I'm pointing on some wood or dark material I think I'd burn down my house ;)

@ yobresal: Why do you know there's no focus adapter on it? :) and why do you recommend one of Ehgemus and not of Jayrob since the host is from him?

Sorry burnsy I suppose that was a bit of an assumption. The reason I recommend the Ehgemus adaptor is because of it's sleek polished aluminum Look and fit. Don't get me wrong I love Jayrob and his kits, I had one of his focus asaptors on a CR2 laser a long time ago.The focus adaptor by Ehgemus is amazing not to mention it is much less expensive.

It does NOT have the kind of focus adapter that Yobresal is talking about (unless you bought one separately). Although I do not have any problem focusing the pocket mini style lasers, a focus adapter does make it more convenient.

Peace,
dave

nospin

Its done!

A chrome pocket mini copper heat sink with a 12x producing 615mw at about 430ma
on a micro flex drive V5 and a 405-G-1 lens

It burns anything no problem

burned my fingers several times focusing, need the Ez-focus ring for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Nice!, Gotta love that laser. Turn it up to 800mW. J/K yours should last a VERY long time at 600 with that copper HS. Have you seen the focus adapter that Ehgemus makes for this kit? Not that anything is wrong with the Jayrob one. Their just different.

Just an update about the 12X chrome mini. I cleaned the Jayrob 405-G-1 lens and the output is now 850mW. I have put close to 15 hours on this one. Yesterday alone I put nearly 3 hours on it. I ran it for VERY long duty cycles (over 1 minute) with very little off time, it was also 80 degrees Farenheit outside (which is where I was using it) I gotta say this little guy took a beating and it is still working strong. At one point the laser dimmed and I got scared but I had just run the battery dry. (I always carry a spare for when this happens so I don't crap my pants and so I can continue to burn)

Despite the wave of 445nm diodes I still plan on getting a 12x. I love how it makes things glow. Like a portable black light

jayrob

Nothing burns like a 12X with a 405-G-1...

It's a pin point...

The 445 diodes will not go to a pinpoint. (yet) We are waiting on a correction for that...

But with the power they have, they still burn. Just not like a 12X...

You can pretty much compare the visibility of the new 445 diodes with green lasers! That's how bright they are...

Nothing burns like a 12X with a 405-G-1...

It's a pin point...

The 445 diodes will not go to a pinpoint. (yet) We are waiting on a correction for that...

But with the power they have, they still burn. Just not like a 12X...

You can pretty much compare the visibility of the new 445 diodes with green lasers! That's how bright they are...

*passes out again*

Quisp

Hi-

Quick update on my MXDL 3405 12x Blu-ray...

(Link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/12x-bdr-205-blu-ray-laser-daguin-46171.html#post622296 )

During the past six months I've had this laser, I've put about 3 hrs. of use on it. Still works (and burns) like a charm.

Per my Kenometer, I'm still getting 465mW with the original Micro FlexDrive V5 setting of 360 mA. I use 3 Eneloop AAA 1.2v 800mAh rechargeables to power it most of the time. Once in a while I'll put in Energizer Ultimate Lithium's.
I get about the same results with either battery choice.

Well, throwing caution to the wind, I took apart my build and reset the FlexDrive V5 to 480mA.

Wow!....My new average reading is above 600mW with a peak reading of 624mW!!:drool:

Me likey :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I know my diode might die sooner than later now, but for some reason that's OK.

Live and learn, eh?

Nice, push that baby up. Shoot you've got plenty of HS with that host.

Quisp

You're right about the HS.

However, I'll probably swap out the copper HS for an aluminum HS in my 12x Blu-ray and use the copper heatsink in a MXDL 3405 445nm diode build that will most likely produce way more heat than my 12x Blu-ray.

Oh, wow, I took some days of vacancies and.... bang! a bunch of novelties!:pop:

BTW, "All 12x Owners" datasheet has been updated with the entrance of Burnsy and nospin and the last info relevant to Quisp and yobresal 3!