Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$105.00. P.o.s.

Quite simply: the $105.00 o-like sharp violet laser I bought , then had to wait almost a month for them to send me a replacement module for.
Quit working , or rather went led on me this morning.

It may have had a total of ten min. On time before it quit!

I never left it on more than the recommended 30 sec.

O-like sells crap!

Contact O-Like and see what they can do...
Tell them you are a member of this Forum...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Contact O-Like and see what they can do...
Tell them you are a member of this Forum...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

I just emailed them, I'm not expecting much in the way of coaoperation from them. I had to threaten to file a dispute with paypal in order to get them to send a replacement module to me.

Now it is past the time i can do so.
But I'll wait and see. Not much else I can do. Other than buying the stuff I need to rebuild it myself.

Last edited:

joeyss

O-like has literally...went the way of DX.

Last edited:
O-like has literally...went the way of DX.

Ya no kidding!
I emailed them, and they are trying to tell me that there is a problem with the Way I operate it.

What the hell ?
It is pretty simple. Put battery in , plus side to tail cap. Push on button. Turn off before 30 seconds.
That's all I have done with the thing. It probably hasn't been on for a total of ten min. Total .

wow, that is really crappy to hear. Maybe send them these links on this forrum letting them know their business lately has gone down hill and their biggest customers are taking note...

Not a bad idea, tacoherder.

I know you have been less than happy with them as well.

They want me to send them the module, so they can determine what happened.

Ya, like I have the patients to wait another month , or longer for them to tell me they are not going to do anything but try to tell me it is my fualt.
I think I'll just look around the forum and see if I can locate a diode and driver. Then turn this $105.00 host of mine into something that works! Lol

Um, I've never had problems with DX before. Their shipping takes forever, as it always has, but their returns and customer services have remained top-notch in my opinion. O-like, however, seems to be dropping the ball on maintaining good customers relations.

Um, I've never had problems with DX before. Their shipping takes forever, as it always has, but their returns and customer services have remained top-notch in my opinion. O-like, however, seems to be dropping the ball on maintaining good customers relations.

I agree, customer relations is not their concern.
Also their product quality is quickly going down hill.

I have friends that bought lasers from them a year ago. And they still work.

That's why I decided to buy from them in the first place.
Now, all I see here on the forum , about them is negative !

Seems to me that's a good indicator that they are doing a nose dive.

A shame about o-like. They had some good stuff a couple of years ago. I got good modules and other parts from them two years ago. It came well packed. Amazing what can happen to a company over time. You might get a more reliable and powerful laser by getting a diode and driver from the forum and rebuilding your host. I still get stuff from DX and their shipping can be eternal, as usual. I did once get a non-EMS DX order in six days.

Blord

What does P.o.s. means ? :thinking:
Well I have a hunch but what does the characters stand for.

A shame about o-like. They had some good stuff a couple of years ago. I got good modules and other parts from them two years ago. It came well packed. Amazing what can happen to a company over time. You might get a more reliable and powerful laser by getting a diode and driver from the forum and rebuilding your host. I still get stuff from DX and their shipping can be eternal, as usual. I did once get a non-EMS DX order in six days.

Yep, I plan on just Buying some parts from someone here at LPF .

At least I'll gain some "good" experience from this bad purchase .

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can get to go into the original heat sink? The diode pocket measures 4.45mm I could drill it put to accept something larger.

Here is a pic. Of the laser in pieces. And one of the module.

Attachments

• 39f70d329484c17a0c8bddce3b34bea4.jpg
    39f70d329484c17a0c8bddce3b34bea4.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 101
  • f1bfbdc25eac1ebefa510fdd2ea1af56.jpg
    f1bfbdc25eac1ebefa510fdd2ea1af56.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited: