Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

100mW Blu-Ray Pointer

ok thanks.but can we get refund if they're under 100mW?

I was told yes, but I will email them again to double check.

Regarding any possible seizure from customs:
I was also informed by using the express shipping (EMS?) if a seizure occured, the money would be refunded.
I know there is a risk here. If it is too much for the members here, I understand. I am still planning on ordering one for myself, pay the outrageous shipping, and report back to everyone. If all works out, it would be another good alternative to DX.

I have wondered if the china shippers would split the order into two seperate packages ---the the top half of the pointers in one and the bottom end in the other and keep their crappy batts and the worthless box-- would that increase the likelyhood of a successful arrival. SanFran customs ripped me off for 17 (no batts or boxes)--5 mW pointers that were over-spec. boohoo

When are you going to order these? How do we go about paying you?

I was waiting to see if there was enough people interested before I ordered. I don't get paid until this Friday and was gonna order one to check them out.

I have been playing email tag with them and have been discussing shipping issues. I will let you guys know what's up when I hear back from them.
Thanks again.

Put me down for one. I don't have a violet (yet)
I could even live with a little underspec for that price
Please keep us informed.

Last edited:
I am good for one.

Hak's idea of a splitted shipment is brilliant. If Big Brother confiscates, it would be less likely if they are not getting the whole deal.

do they have any more powered?

100mW is the highest powered violet they carry. They have a 20mW as well, and that is it. The 20mW is just under $15 and it isn't focusable.

I have sent an email regarding your question of returning any units that do not spec out at 100mW, and the question of split shipping. Hopefully I will have a response by tomorrow morning. The rep I have been corrosponding with has been pretty good with timely responses. I know to take their responses with a grain of salt, however I have been reassured the units will measure at 100mW. We shall see.

mkdive

popcorn2.gif

You might want to use a middle man, someone in Canada. He can ship them one by one. Yobresal lost a pile of <5mW lasers to customs, and Boblaser will not refund any of his money.

Stark- thanks for the compliment- I am so bright my folks called me 'sonny' LOL - heres another idea that might help beat Customs- if China ships pointers that come with a glued-on (thus removable later) diffraction grating or one like I saw on EkkBay called 'fat beam technology' then the beam would not be over 5 mWs =true? I think they(Customs) took 17 of mine because it was an order of 23 and even w/o batts and box felt too heavy or maybe I just got checked as a random search- either way I was VERY lucky that my supplier was willing to split the loss with me.--HAK

Perhaps they might consider putting <5mw labels to appease the anacondas of the system....

I would be interested in some units IF you can guarantee they are 90-100mW (I know it's not your job, but if you test some units we could be looking at a winner here for that price).

^^ I don't, but I think my buddie John Lawson still has one (he is minutes away from me). I'm sure I can bribe him to help out :D

Anytime you need it Angel just give me a call or i mean page everything got disconnected